Taxi Question

Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

Is it possible without progressive taxi or ground charts to get to the gate your assigned to from the runway and if so can somebody give me a guide. After all the concept of a big purple line running down the middle of the taxiway seems a little unlikely in real-world aviation.

Thanks

Pearly

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10439/ground-charts/

Have a look at a link by Tartanaviation in the above link. It is an addon program that shows you all of the gates and taxiways at an airport. Its a very nice and simple addon 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You need a airport diagram in order to navigate on the ground. That's the way that's it's done in real life. For the US, here is a link for free charts. They are real charts but work in Flight Simulator. They may be similar websites in other countries. Let me know if you want to buy simulated instrument charts for all parts of the world and I wil get you a link. 🙂

http://www.naco.faa.gov/digital_tpp.asp?ver=0601&eff=01-19-2006&end=02-16-2006

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

the "progressive taxi" option exists in real life too. It's just that instead of a purple line, the air traffic controler tells you when to turn and in which direction etc...

Progessive taxi isn't that unrealistic as at Heathrow aircraft now taxi at night using a similar philosophy except they use a path of green strobes

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...