Ground Charts

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites where I can obtain ground charts showing taxiiways of airports etc in the UK? The reason for this is that I have just started flying on VATSIM, (highly recommended) and ATC often issues great long taxi clearences, and its quite hard to navigate your way around taxiiways without a map ❗ Anything similar in terms of charts that might help would also be useful.

Thanks a lot in advance 😉

Last edited by Jonathan (99jolegg) on Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Here is a small freeware program that works quite well. It will display the Taxiway information and numbers that you are looking for.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=airport+chart+viewer&CatID=root

Download the latest version, Airport's Chart Viewer v5.0 , found at the bottom of the page on the link.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

So there's no progressive taxi in VATSIM? Here's another VATSIM question: I have Traffic 2005 installed, will it be disabled while I fly with real pilots, or will there be a situation where there will be half AI planes half real planes?

Thanks a lot in advance...

Pro Member Chief Captain

JTH wrote:

So there's no progressive taxi in VATSIM? Here's another VATSIM question: I have Traffic 2005 installed, will it be disabled while I fly with real pilots, or will there be a situation where there will be half AI planes half real planes?

Thanks a lot in advance...

The idea of VATSIM is that it is as close to reality as possible. That means there isn't progressive taxi because ATC are real people. They issue IFR clearences, have different positions such as DEL, GND, TWR, APP, CTR. You have to create a flight plan that you send to ATC and they approve it etc. So it is very realistic. That means there won't be any AI traffic, all other traffic are other people flying online 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tartanaviation wrote:

Here is a small freeware program that works quite well. It will display the Taxiway information and numbers that you are looking for.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=airport+chart+viewer&CatID=root

Download the latest version, Airport's Chart Viewer v5.0 , found at the bottom of the page on the link.

Thanks a lot 😀

🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...