VATSIM - What is it? How do I join? What will it do for me?

Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

Can you shed any light please people

Im thinking of getting this but I dont know if its a subscription thing or not etc etc

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

VATSIM is an online multiplayer experience that I would highly recommend. I would suggest you look through the links on the left hand side of this site http://www.vatsim.net/prc/ because it will contain everything you need to know from how to start to how to file flight plans and fly etc. If you don't want to read all of it, I'd suggest the Software Setup section and the First Flight section are the most important 😉

Let us know how you get on 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

To join, you must have a non-free email account. Ones that are not free incluse msn etc..

Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

I think I'm missing something

I have FSUIPC installed and have registered the product using the registration key on the VATSIM website. I've installed squawkbox also, no servers are showing on the server set up screen? What am I doing wrong - I have registered with VATSIM and tried to put the detaisl that I DO have on to squawkbox.

Regards

Pearly

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

VATSIM has nothing to do with FSUIPC. Go to the VATSIM site and register there. You will receive a log in and a password (for example 123456 546709). Start a flight normally (not on the active runway!) and load squawkbox to connect. You do not have to go through multiplayer or enter an IP.

Pro Member Trainee
pearlygatesuk Trainee

I have now managed to connect to squawkbox using the IP address from the VATSIM website. I am on the ground at EGCC and have filed a flightplay for Manchester EGCC to Leeds Bradford - the controler keeps telling me he cant help me at this time - what the hell?

Thankyou

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

All i suggest is read all the material at the PRC center on VATSIMs webiste. Very detailed and important information

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Yeah, the controllers can really get very busy. I can't multitask like they can, so that's why I stay on the pilot end with VATSIM. Download something called "ServInfo" (don't have the link on me now, but if you enter it in yahoo it'll come right up). If you use that you can find a controller who is both on-line and doesn't have many planes in his airspace.

But yes, absolutly go through that info in the PRC. It may take a week, but you'll be very glad you did! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...