Where do you like to fly?

What area in the World do you like to fly most?
Europe
50%
 50%  [ 12 ]
America
33%
 33%  [ 8 ]
Africa
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Asia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Antartica
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 24

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

So.. where is your spot for flying on the Sim??

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I like to fly in Europe. It is the most well known area I know for flying and it has some really challenging approaches to fly into, not to mention the most amazing routes in the Alps! 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Well I've had a dabble in various places, but always return to England and Wales, not quite for the expected reason, but because I have the VFR scenery, and for Slow and Low, it's just WOW!

But just one setback, which I'm trying to find an easy cure, too much for the computer when online flying, drops my fps to 6 if I'm lucky.

Supposed to be able to disable the VFR, if wanted, but I've tried it, and it don't disable for me. So it's a lengthy uninstall for online, with a similar lengthy install for solo flying at home.

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

My favorite spot is in the Grampian Mountains North East of Scotland, take off from one of 3 airfields Lossiemouth AB(EGQS), Kinloss (EGQK) or Inverness airport (EGPE) and fly North West through the snow tipped Grampian Mountains, lovely sceney 😀
I usually fly this part of Scotland low level in the Lago Tornado or at 3000 feet in my RAF CP140 Aurora.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Mainly UK to mainland Europe and mainly holiday destinations 🙄

Ken I seem to remember that if you click start/programs and select the scenery,there are some options available like turning it down a notch

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The results to this poll will be very interesting.

What area in the World do you like to fly most?

For me it has to be 'other' because I like variety. I've travelled a lot - which caused me to have a deep interest in geography.
Every few years I buy a new, expensive Atlas (the political boundaries change all the time) and I revisit the places I've been using FS.
Add to that all the places I haven't been to yet, again FS comes to my help.

There can be no absolute favourite place for me. I load FS and ask myself: Where do you want to go today?

Virtual freedom at its best 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The majority of my flying is done in the western part of the US.
I used to travel (and live in) this area on business many years ago and know many areas, locations of cities, airports, landmarks very well.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

europe. in the norweigien fjords, the swedish costs, the alps, my local airports in the uk. mainly austria and sitzerland. taking off from a large airport like geneva, innsbruck or salzburg and landing safely at some small airport. i like to change said small airport all the time, but i always liked zell am see - mainly becuse i love the area in real life. 2 weeks till saalbach!

Guest Ed Guest

I've spent more time flying around Alaska than anywhere else. In particular, southern Alaska has spectacular scenery.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

western u.s. i live in the western u.s. and i like seeing how it is like being a pilot near were i live.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Europe-Asia-Africa.Most time Europe so i vote for it.
Since my motherland is in the middle i fly all over these areas... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Mostly the Americas, though I've flown areas as diverse as Antarctica and Mongolia, to mention a couple.

Last edited by CrashGordon on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I guess we all have our particular favourites depending on whether we are after spectacular scenery or challenging flights.

On a couple of occasions I've gone looking for unusuals like putting myself down on the old Kai Tak runway at Hong Kong which is visible in FS2004 but not listed as it is shut down.

The Caribbean is quite interesting with flights ranging in duration from10 minutes upwards but equally for landing practice with ATC tacked on Warton to Blackpool is useful.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I too said other, mainly because I fly in many different places. I find it boring to file the same flightplan over and over again, in the same region, etc. I think a little diversity spices it up that much more 😀

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Er steve....you missed out a continent called OCEANIA...yes, people do live there, about 13 million of us, and we are south of Asia and include countrys such as "AUSTRALIA" and "NEW ZEALAND" Have you ever heard of them???

Well, that is my favourite place to fly anyway- Papa New Guinu and New Zealand are two of the most beutiful countrys around, with loverly natural landscapes and wonderfull scenery.

I also like to fly around Australia, it is so vast and huge that there are little parts of every corner of the world included in it.

As I am from the UK, and have photoreal scenery covering it, I regually fly around there too, and also the Mederterrainien island of Corsica, for the same reason.

Also, as tailhook said:

For me it has to be 'other' because I like variety. I've travelled a lot - which caused me to have a deep interest in geography.
Every few years I buy a new, expensive Atlas (the political boundaries change all the time) and I revisit the places I've been using FS.
Add to that all the places I haven't been to yet, again FS comes to my help.

I could'nt agree more. I love to fly in places I have been to in real life, and love to explore places that interest me. I especially like to fly over areas I see on TV, and wonder, what would that look like in flight sim. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

Mainly UK to mainland Europe and mainly holiday destinations 🙄

Ken I seem to remember that if you click start/programs and select the scenery,there are some options available like turning it down a notch

Hi TTT, you are correct, there is an adjustment in programs for the VFR Scenery, but it does not make much difference to Hack

Haven't time now, but this posting was much longer, but then when posted it or 90% of it, has vanished.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...