loads of popups

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

in the last 5 days I have been getting so many adverts and anoying pop ups even on sites like flyaway and I have noticed a deacrese in performance on my PC has been running slowly and FPS are very low Mad I have scanned with Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware both programs found tracking cookies and a few other things but after I have deleted them I still get popups and loads of adverts Mad any ideas on how to get rid of them ❓could it be some sort of virus ❓

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

sounds like some spyware has got in your system that adaware and so on cannot detect.

Have you got any dubious looking process names running in the process list?

Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and click the processes tab, search for any you are unsure of on google and you will get results explaining what each exe does and if you should be removing it or not.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I just checked and there is nothing bad running in the backround I will scan wiht Avast and see if it finds anything

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

What is you Internet Browser Ranald?I ask it because some Browsers has a default pp up blocker which maybe by mistake you disable it.

Have a look at this page ➡

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tag=srch&qt=pop+up&tg=dl-20

It contains a lot of Pop ups blockers etc.
In past i use to work with Pop Up Blocker 6 and it was working great(there are betters of course).Now i use Maxthon Browser and the default one it offers and im very satisfired.

A choice of the last moment and not the best is to try unistall your Browser(if you are not use the IE)and install it again.You wont loose your favorites list if you worry about it.

Let us know how it goes.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

or use the broweser of champions 🙂

Firefox

😀

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Thanks for that link Greekman the download worked very well I dont get any pop ups so far but there still might be some getting threw

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

Thanks for that link Greekman the download worked very well I dont get any pop ups so far but there still might be some getting threw

Thats good news.I can understand your doubts.This program did not clean..it just stops since you install it.

Hava a look at this program ➡

http://www.toniarts.com/product_details.php?prod_id=1

Its a safe utilitie which helps clean up your systems registries,cookies,urls,mru list etc.
You just have to e-mail them after installation and they give you the Registration Code.I warranty that it is 100% safe.I use it for a long time without problems.
If you think that you like it feel free to ask me your questions about it. 😉

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Thanks I will try it out 🙂

EDIT:I didnt realise it was paywere is there something freeware that does something similar ❓

Last edited by Zach (ranald) on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Notice ❗ ...If you try it ,there is an option which gives you the chance to clean Duplicate files...if you are not familiar with the results it will gives you dont clean anything.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I just did a smart system scan with Ad-Adware and it found some horrible thing called Advert Revinue or something like that and 8 tracking cookies Evil or Very Mad ever since this problem with pop ups started I have been having more of these horrible programs and adware

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

it sis probably one of these horrible programs that downloads itself again if deleted...

not good, try googling for the anme of it and you might find a manual and more permanent removal process

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Hava a look at this program ➡

http://www.toniarts.com/product_details.php?prod_id=1

Its a safe utilitie which helps clean up your systems registries,cookies,urls,mru list etc.
You just have to e-mail them after installation and they give you the Registration Code.I warranty that it is 100% safe.I use it for a long time without problems.
If you think that you like it feel free to ask me your questions about it. 😉

Thanks for the link Greekman. First question, if I may:

Do I have to do the "Member Sign-Up" trick? I seem to be going around in circles again, always end up at the same page Unsure

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Ranald and Tailhook you can take it from here for free ➡

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1GP38Y0JHDJTE3JH5ZBWU8EFNH

No registration codes or anything.
I was confused from another program Evil or Very Mad .Deeply sorry for for get you in troubles. Crying or Very sad 😉

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

I was confused from another program Evil or Very Mad .Deeply sorry for for get you in troubles. Crying or Very sad 😉

Thanks a lot Greekman 🍻 but when I do the registry clean up the program finds a lot of things I dont now if any of these are important so I dont no if I should delete them or not

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Thanks a lot Greekman 🍻 but when I do the registry clean up the program finds a lot of things I dont now if any of these are important so I dont no if I should delete them or not

Clean them all Ninja Fear 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Clean them all Ninja Fear 😉

Thanks Greekman... I'm still deciding whether to follow that advice - or follow the hidden meaning expressed in the Emoticons 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

There is no hidden mening...The Ninja is us which are Fear but its 😉

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Thanks for the program link Greekman easy cleaner works very well 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

Thanks for the program link Greekman easy cleaner works very well 😀

I hope you've been helped my friend. 🙂

Run it and update it at least one time per week as you have to do with your other familiar cleaners.(spybot,adaware etc) 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...