Autobrake Question

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hey all,

I've been flying the A231 quite a bit recently (bit of a rarity) and have noticed that the autobrakes on the aircraft are fairly poor. When they are on anything less than MAX then it takes about 4000 feet of runway to stop 🙄 Even on MAX it takes a long time to stop which I know doesn't happen in the real world.

This is more of a problem because on FsP I have failures set to hard so sometimes when an engine cuts out before V1 I can't stop on the runway because RTO brakes aren't powerful enough.

My question is, is there a way of making the autobrakes more powerful in a config file?

😉

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Have a look in the aircraft config folder for the following

[electrical]
// ;BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus,4-7=Generator/AlternatorBus(1-4)
flap_motor = 1, 0 , 1.0
gear_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0
autopilot = 0, 5 , 17.0
avionics_bus = 0, 0 , 1.0
avionics = 1, 5 , 17.0
pitot_heat = 0, 0 , 1.0
additional_system = 0, 0 , 1.0
marker_beacon = 1, 2 , 17.0
gear_warning = 7, 0 , 99.0
gear_motor = 4, 0 , 1.0
fuel_pump = 0, 0 , 1.0
fuel_transfer_pump = 0, 0 , 1.0
starter1 = 0, 20, 17.0
starter2 = 0, 0 , 1.0
light_nav = 0, 0 , 1.0
light_beacon = 0, 0 , 1.0
light_landing = 0, 0 , 1.0
light_taxi = 0, 0 , 1.0
light_strobe = 0, 0 , 1.0
light_panel = 0, 7 , 99.0
light_recognition = 0, 0 , 1.0
light_wing = 0, 0 , 1.0
marker_beacon = 0, 0 , 1.0
standby_vacuum = 0, 0 , 1.0
auto_brakes = 0, 0 , 1.0
hydraulic_pump = 0, 0 , 1.0
propeller_device = 0, 0 , 1.0

This is the electrical part of the 757 so it may not be the same as your one. Just have a play around with the settings and see what happens. Just make sure to back up the orignal CFG file before you make and changes.

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Hi Jon 🙂 on a similiar note to Liono's, here is the brake section part, of the contents of the FS9 default b737_400 aircraft CFG file.

[brakes]
parking_brake = 1 //Parking brake available
toe_brakes_scale = 0.885 //Brake scalar

And here is the brake section part, of the contents of the FS9 default b747-400 aircraft CFG file.

[brakes]
parking_brake = 1 //Parking brake available
toe_brakes_scale = 1.24 //Brake scalar

Obviously, two different aircraft in size and weight. But if you notice the toe_brakes_scale of each aircraft, obviously different values.
So as Liono suggests, back up your CFG file, and then have a go at adjusting the toe_brake_scale......... higher/lower. I dont know that it will, but I reckon that by setting the scale higher and lower, will make your brakes harder and softer, if you know what I mean. Maybe someone else can confirm ? or say otherwise. 😉

Just incase it works 🙄 make sure your strapped in 😳

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

fourby wrote:

I dont know that it will, but I reckon that by setting the scale higher and lower, will make your brakes harder and softer, if you know what I mean. Maybe someone else can confirm ? or say otherwise. 😉

Just incase it works 🙄 make sure your strapped in 😳

You, sir, are entirely correct. It will change brake 'strenght' Wink

*edit* just make sure to 'reload' your aircraft after you have changed (and saved) anything in the aircraft.cfg file, this is required for such changes to take effect.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Thanks guys, I will try that now 👍

🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...