Autobrake does not work!

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Hey, umm, I've downloaded a Continental B737-800 with winglets and a Continental B757-200 with winglets and I both like them a lot. The problems is that upon landing, the autobrake doesn't deploy and I know there's an autobrake switch on both aircraft.

I seem to noticed that the 2 aircraft I downloaded were from Project Opensky. Does their other aircraft's autobrakes work?

Plus, I downloaded freeware panels from AVSIM for each aircraft and I'm wondering if the panels have a problem with the POSKY's autobrakes.

Help me, do I have to look in the aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Kevin,

try open the panel.cfg, hold down Ctrl and press F (Ctrl+F) - now type: autobrake and hit Enter. You should find the autobrake as a Gauge in the [Window00] section.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Yes, I see them, and as I mentioned the autobrakes are in the panels themselves. Like when I set the autobrake to 1 for example, the autobrake does not deploy upon touchdown. I think it has to do something with the aircraft.cfg file.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're not talking about the spoiler are you? As you know, you arm the spoiler before you land, but only if you've armed it will it deploy upon touchdown.

Have a look in the default b737_400 aircraft.cfg... you should find: spoiler_limit = 60.0 //Degrees

Now compare this with the entry in the aircraft.cfg in question.

Last edited by Tailhook on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

You're not talking about the spoiler are you? As you know, you arm the spoiler before you land, but only if you've armed it will it deploy upon touchdown.

Have a look in the default b737_400 aircraft.cfg... you should find: spoiler_limit = 60.0 //Degrees

Now compare this with the entry in the aircraft.cfg in question.

No, no, no, I'm talking about the autobrake. You know, when the plane lands, the wheels brake automatically so you don't hav to brake the wheels yourself. There's an autobrake switch on both panels I downloaded for both of the POSKY planes.

I think I found a post that's similar to the problem that I have.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11841/autobrake-question/

It's the second post down that may be the answer to my problem. I realized that I don't have "autobrake" in the electrical section of the aircraft.cfg. Am I correct?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

KevinTsai wrote:

I think I found a post that's similar to the problem that I have.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11841/autobrake-question/

It's the second post down that may be the answer to my problem. I realized that I don't have "autobrake" in the electrical section of the aircraft.cfg. Am I correct?

I think you should look at fourby's solution farther down the page and consequently ARD-DC's confirmation.
There is no "autobrake" in the electrical section of the aircraft.cfg that's right.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...