Capitol Buildings!

Pro Member Trainee
crossland99 Trainee

I was surprised enough when I got FS2004 and found that it:

1. Included this little tiny airport in Fryeburg, Maine that I knew well from when my Aunt Sharon would fly in to visit us in her Cessna.
2. Had the correct dimensions and height of Pleasant Mountain, which is in my hometown of Bridgton, Maine.
3. Had the right kinds of trees in the general area.

But I'm even more surprised now. Recently I took off in a Mooney Bravo from Augusta State Airport, in Augusta (state Capital). And I bank a little and glance out the window...

And there's a little tiny domed building with columns, right where the Maine State Capitol is supposed to be! Impressive!

Since then I found the State Capitol in Concord, NH, which looked slightly different from Maine's building, so they didn't just slap down the same picture for all 50.

Hmmm...a virtual expedition across country, to all 50 capitals, with screenshots? Maybe....!

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If you ever feel like flying outside the U.S., you can look at the Colosseum in Rome, the Akropolis in Athens, the Pyramids near Cairo, and try and fly your 737 between Dr. Mahathir's Twin-Tower monstrosities near KL.
There are many others -- have fun 😀

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

where were those towers..in what country?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

amermel wrote:

where were those towers..in what country?

Kuala Lumpur

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

nvr heard of it...

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

oooo those i knew what there were once i saw the pic...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm glad that you noticed the details in Maine. Everyone seems to only see the short comings of Flight Simulator 2004 but they really have done a great job. The locations change their look with the seasons. The lighting effects at dawn and sunset are great. It's good to take the time and notice the details and realize that it was not designed as a hardcore training simulator for jets but a general, all around simulation of the world of flying. They had to leave out many details to keep it at $60(price when it first came out). I'm amazed at the details that they were able to include. I think they did a fine job and can't wait to buy the next version.🙂

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

The scenery is very good apart from one small detail ive noticed. On EGGP, in FS2000 it had the runcorn bridge on there which was pretty accurate but in FS9 it has disappeared! It hasnt vanished, infact I drive over it a couple of times a week 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Doyley wrote:

The scenery is very good apart from one small detail ive noticed. On EGGP, in FS2000 it had the runcorn bridge on there which was pretty accurate but in FS9 it has disappeared! It hasnt vanished, infact I drive over it a couple of times a week 😂

If you update the sim with the 9.1 patch that bridge may show up. A large number of them were included in it.
If you use the patch, follow the directions step by step, one error and it wont "take". You also have to use a different no-cd crack, we have it here for download, 9.1.
Don't forget to back up anything (dll."s) you change.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/#download

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Ill try that out... cheers...again 😀

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Dr. Mahathir's Twin-Tower monstrosities near KL.

As Radarman's link suggests, they are actually called the "Petronas Towers" and are not near KL but right in the middle of the city centre. I would know, I have been up inside them on vacation.

Mahathir is just an old Malay prime-minister. The twin towers are owned by the Petronas oil company who are well known for sponsering F1 cars.

Heres a photo I took when I was on the skybridge there:

Sorry for taking this post off-topic, but if you are after facts, you need the correct facts 😉

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I just want to see some moving vehicles on the highways......
the roads are all like muddy paths....hope they will improve in
next version 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...