FS2004 Doesn't start ??

Hi all !

I've got a big problem :

When I want to Start FS 2004 , I get only a Black Screen and land again onto the Desktop.

I've got a "Dell XPS M170" Laptop with a NVidia GeForce Go 6800 ULTRA integrated.

Can you help me with my problem ??

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

See if it starts when you "run" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe" -SWREND

CrashGordon wrote:

See if it starts when you "run" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe" -SWREND

Well , now I don't even get a Black Screen 😛 It only shows the small Picture of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 , the pictuer disappears and NOTHING more....

Pro Member Chief Captain

Since I'm not a notebook user, I may have reached the end of my knowledge of them. The only question I might ask is, are your video drivers up to date?

Jup , the newest which is aviable for the GeForce Go 6800 Ultra ( It's ForceWare : 78.51 ). Do you think it is because it's a Notebook ? From the performance side , it should be OK ( See my SysProfile Here : http://www.sysprofile.de/id7497 )

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hi all !

I've got a big problem :

When I want to Start FS 2004 , I get only a Black Screen and land again onto the Desktop.

I've got a "Dell XPS M170" Laptop with a NVidia GeForce Go 6800 ULTRA integrated.

Can you help me with my problem ??

Is this the first time you run FS on your system or it runs and suddenly you get this problem?
Do you have a folder named Flight simulator files in your ''My documents''?

Please be a little more specific in order trying to help you. 😉

Yes , it IS the first time. I've just installed it. I can't really give you detailed information because I don't know which one you need Wink If you need something , just ask , I'll answer.

In "My Documents" , I've got a Folder named "Flight Simulator Files", but it's empty. Although the first time I started FS , it made some things (Scenery or something similar). But after that , I only got the Black Screen.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You provide enough infos to make me thing that probably its a Graphics Card Problem.Try un-install your Graphics Card restart your system and re-install it.
Don't update anything yet.

I dont know how mush familiar you are with computers so start from this to make it sure and come back for more... 😉

I guess that you dont have problems during the installation of FS and that you run it with CD4 inserted...right?

Embarassed Well , I use a NoCD Crack ... but I also think it's something with the graphics...

I can un- and re-install my Graphic Card Wink But I don't really want to. But if I must do this , than I'll do it...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Embarassed Well , I use a NoCD Crack ... but I also think it's something with the graphics...

I can un- and re-install my Graphic Card Wink But I don't really want to. But if I must do this , than I'll do it...

Hey Hey....are we talk for a legal version or a copy one???If this is a copy....sorry ❗

Well ... it doesn't matter if it is a copy or not 😀 I SOLVED THE PROBLEM !!!

Here in the Forum was a Link to a Micro$oft Support Site and there was a tip , to disable the Intro Video - And this worked !

Thank's...

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Well ... it doesn't matter if it is a copy or not 😀 I SOLVED THE PROBLEM !!!

Here in the Forum was a Link to a Micro$oft Support Site and there was a tip , to disable the Intro Video - And this worked !

Thank's...

If you think it doesn't matter if it is a copy or not, you are very much mistaken. After seeing what you wrote, I am likely to be very reluctant to try and help an anonymous poster unless I am reasonably sure they are using a fully licensed (legal) version of FS

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

its a shame when people use copies like this because at the end of the day it means that we have to end up paying more because companies charge more due to piracy!!

Micah Evil or Very Mad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...