A DC-3 that loves to climb

Billies the One Guest

Flying along to my destination, the plane seems to have a tendency to climb, the wings on the artificial horizon dial lighting just *above* said horizon when I am not pushing the joystick forward slightly. Might I not have the plane trimmed? Could it be updrafts? Or do I simply have to adjust some setting so that the wings on the horizon gauge will align with that horizon, naturally, when I let the joystick alone?

any ideas?

Joe

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It sounds like you have high power when you are trying to maintain the altitude which creates too much lift so you are climbing. You can try trimming the aircraft a little to stop it climbing so you can relieve pressure on the yoke or you can reduce thrust a little 😉

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

It doesn't sound like anything trimming the plane out wouldn't cure. The artificial horizon isn't that accurate, don't go by that, better to just adjust the trim until you achieve level flight. Your vertical climb gauge is a better judge of climb or decent than the artificial horizon.

Your altimeter is the final judge of whether you are maintaining altitude or not.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...