impossible to taxi in the dc-3

Pro Member Trainee
Darren Elliott (darrenvox) Trainee

im flying for a virtual airline that allows me to fly the dc-3 but upon tryingto taxi in the dc-3 its very hard and impossible...ive used the differential brakes/ hard rudder, and everything else...but no avail...its very hard...

anyone got any remedies for this

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I always taxied with full flaps.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

There's also the tailwheel lock... Shift+T I want to say? You should look it up though.

Are you using a keyboard or a joystick for rudder control?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have you considered the MAAM DC-3? I don't have it but I've got a couple of their a/c and they are excellent. I would imagine that the MAAM DC-3 is easier to taxi and has all around better flight dynamics.

With a little bit of googling you'll find there is a huge fan base out there and it should be pretty easy to get support.

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/PACKAGES/R4D.htm

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/r4d_enhance.htm

Pro Member Trainee

thanks guys but i fixed it!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

darrenvox wrote:

thanks guys but i fixed it!!

How? Share your knowledge Idea

Pro Member Trainee

downloaded a file on flightsim.com that changes the data in the aircraft.cfg so that i can taxi with ease!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

taxi_thr.zip

Pro Member Trainee
nyguy72000 Trainee

Did you know that in WWII, the junior mechanic would sit on the wing and guide the pilot into the revment? That's one way of doing it !!!

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

This is why i never enjoyed flying tail draggers... except the piper cub <3

Antonio Carlos Costa Guest

Go to "contact points" in the acft configuration file,and simply change in the 8th parameter,on the first line, from 180.0 to 60.0
That's all.You will taxi and follow the yellow line as you wish.Happy flies!

W. van Teeffelen Guest

I just read your hint fro 2013 on a question addressing taxiing DC-3 from JustFlight. I had the same problem and tried to tackle it with your suggestion to change a aircraft.cfg file.
You wrote:"contact points".

But I cant find any line with this item. (I'm driving FSX on Windowd 10)
Maybe you remember?
I would greatly appreciate your answer
sincerly w. van Teeffelen

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...