CRT Died and got an LCD.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Hey Everyone. My 22" NEC FE2111SB CRT Monitor crapped out on me last night. 😞

So after several thoughts and being a large fan on CRT's. I have officially gone LCD. I only had about $300 to spend so I bought a Samsung SyncMaster 205BW 20" Widescreen. WOW what a difference on color and DVI is incredible!

I only wish I could of afforded the 22" but I could not justify the extra $90.00. It takes a little getting used to Widescreen and Flying.

What Monitor/Monitor's do you have ?????

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Nice 😎 Samsung SyncMaster 205BW 20" Widescreen

I have a 19" CRT.

Pro Member First Officer

You know what CRJ, I appreciate the compliment. I felt like I was shorting myself with the 20" because I had a 22" CRT. But soo many other things like color and the widescreen have made up for it. I really don't think I should feel as if I lost anything should I????

By the way I have a 22" 40+ pound boat anchor if someone needs a boat anchor!!! 😂 😂 😂

Mine looks just like your above pic but Black instead of Silver.

if you measure it, you might have more sq in on the 20" widescreen than the 22" crt.

Pro Member First Officer

Hmm... I hav'nt tried but I wonder how that could be. Is'nt the formula lower right corner to upper left corner gives you your inch number? It would still have 2" on the LCD anyway you look at it right? Or are you say the wide aspect ratio could make up some of the difference???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

astrosteve wrote:

Hmm... I hav'nt tried but I wonder how that could be. Is'nt the formula lower right corner to upper left corner gives you your inch number? It would still have 2" on the LCD anyway you look at it right? Or are you say the wide aspect ratio could make up some of the difference???

Guest is right. A 22" CRT (I have one, 90lbs) is only 19½ viewable.
I now have a 24" widescreen and it's amazing.
I was in a store the other day (Fry's) and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a 30" Mac (white bezel) and it looked huge, only $1999.95.
🙄

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

astrosteve wrote:

You also have to consider the "widescreen" part of it. A 22" widescreen will have a smaller screen height than a 22" normal (4:3) ratio monitor. (If both measure a true 22" that is.)

mdaskalos

Pro Member First Officer

But I am only a 20" LCD Wide vs. my old 22" CRT 4:3

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

For every one how can afford it (it is not end of the world 280-350n $ at the state) I get reed of my CRT and now I have a 27 inch lcd TV (Toshiba) with PC and DVI input. That is a different

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...