need advice on placement of cooling fan

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Help!I have a cooling fan to install on the computer case. Where is the best place to put it?!Umm... Do I place it in a way where it brings air from the outside into the case? Is it best to place it to where it removes air from inside? Where should it be placed? On the side, the bottom, top,, etc?

I am asking all of you because you are the ones that have the best experience and knowledge.Yes

Sometims this computer kicks my A@#!!!
Hack

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I would have said on the side in the middle, this could be wrong though Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The best place is in the front to bring in cool air, but then you should have one in the rear grid to remove the warm air. As you know the cost is very low.
If you are going to put only one in put it in the rear.
Keep them clean of dust (CPU fan also) with a little compressed air, don't hit the fan with the air without holding the blades. Don't let them spin as you clean.

We are talking here about case fans not CPU fans.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I think that there is already a fan in the rear, as most PC's have at least one there. Adding one to the front will add you very little as it will only equal the one in the rear. Add it to the back next to the other(s), creating a negative air space in the pc, and exhausting as much bad air as possible. by the way, add as many fans as you have space(and power) for, to maintain as close to optimal temperature as possible. The goal should be to reduce significant changes in temerature, it will increase componant life.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Thanks you guys! I will place it in the front lower case to draw air in through a grill and filter. There are 2 fans that exhaust. One is a case fan and the other is a 120mm powersupply fan that draws air from the case, through the power supply and out!

sounds good! Thanks again to you all! 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

Elkinallen wrote:

Thanks you guys! I will place it in the front lower case to draw air in through a grill and filter. There are 2 fans that exhaust. One is a case fan and the other is a 120mm powersupply fan that draws air from the case, through the power supply and out!

sounds good! Thanks again to you all! 🍻

Another option and a good one is to place them in front of your hardiscs,to keep them cool also,I´ve got 2 fans in the front,and 2 in the back 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fredericia01,
You can buy an exhaust fan that fits over your hard drive, they make special fans for everything. Not too expensive either.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=495&

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Fredericia01,
You can buy an exhaust fan that fits over your hard drive, they make special fans for everything. Not too expensive either.

Radar

I´m aware of that,but it´s all dependent on how crowded the case is,and how the airflow is working,it´s no use putting fans to your hardiscs,if you don´t have a good ingoing airflow 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fredericia01 wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Fredericia01,

Radar

I´m aware of that,but it´s all dependent on how crowded the case is,and how the airflow is working,it´s no use putting fans to your hardiscs,if you don´t have a good ingoing airflow 😎

Very true, It's a judgment call.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Thanks. I was wondering about doing this. As of now, I positioned the fan where it brings air in through a filter. I made four intake holes in the side of the case so that the fan will draw air in so that it has to pass though, around, the hard drives.

Thanks bud! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...