ATC

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

I would like to be able to monitor the ATC at my local tower (EGGP) so I can get used to it for my future lessons.
Does anybody know what I need to be able to do this and that the distance will approx be that it will be transmitting. I live about 8 miles away from EGGP.

Thanks 😀

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

You just need an airband radio/scanner. Available from lots of places like maplin, Transair. Plenty of different models but for what you want it for I would suggest a cheap and cheerful one. Maycom AR108 for example is nice £69.99ish. Depending on your house elevation you may be able to pick up the tower/approach talking. You will certainly be able to hear the planes! CAP413 is a good thing to get your hands on as it describes how things should be said.
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP413.pdf

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...