Sucked In

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

I've just sat and watched this clip a few times, I did'nt laugh untill I saw the guy at the end of the clip ROFL
It's a clip showing a guy getting sucked into A-6 Intruder engine 🙄 and it ejects him out of the back. It's not gory or anything, infact, you dont see anything graphic. make your own mind up folks. 😂
Give it time to load up.

http://www.electronicaviation.com/downloads/suckedintojetengine.avi

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I couldn't get the video to play but I've seen it before. The guy didn't go thru the engine and he survived. His headset went thru and destroyed the engine. Just goes to show the massive intake of air at the front of a jet engine. I think they were doing a high power maintenance run up at the time of the incident. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Hi CRJCapt 😉 I respect your reply, and as we all know, to be sucked into a powered up engine, and come out of the back would not be survivable.
But to be sucked into a powered up engine, and end up with a few bandages, I'm not buying that one. It does say in the clip description wether it is a hoax or not. I'll put up the link, as there are some good military clips, like the F-4 Phantom test crash.

http://www.electronicaviation.com/downloads.php?cat=Video

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

For some reason I only get audio without the picture. It is amazing, I agree. I think that because of the design of the intake, he was jammed against the intake struts just in front of the compressor blades. This stopped his body. It's amazing that a arm didn't go into the compressor blades. The engine was shutoff seconds after he entered the intake. I saw it on a respected Aviation documentary. They even interviewed the crewman. I don't know what to say. I think it's real, amazing but real.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

No video for me Crying or Very sad
But I have seen it before
One very lucky man

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...