Family Airlines?

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

"dead" line-up of aircraft being stored or ready to be scrapped.

Ok, so I saw "Family Airlines" in PanAm's sig and searched the net to find about more about them as I had never heard of them before.

I found some dead-beat site here which is real unprofessional and must be a fake or something: www.familyairlines.com/

Then on airliners.net I found the above picture and a few more here: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?airlinesearch=Family%20Airlines&distinct_entry=true with quotes under the pictures like:

Still interested in the story behind this colour scheme. Was it to become a real airline?

Wikipedia had no info on them, and I'm now really confused/interested about this airline, could someone please explain?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest

it sounds like they tried to start up, to the extent of buying and painting an aircraft, but never got the approval from US authorities and hence were never an 'official' airline thus there is nothing on wikipedia or eleswhere relating to them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It is interesting that there are pictures of the plane at KSBA. The plane would have had to fly very light to take off from KSBA where the runway length is just over 6000 ft.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Family Airlines was going to be an airline started by the original Pan Am. FA was supposed to launch in I think 1991 or 1992. After the government did not give them the grant to start flying, the whole program was scrapped. FA has gone through two more attempts to start up, but they have been un-successful. Their website is not that great, but it is the official one at this time. I know the guy that is trying to get FA started up. I hope he does.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

PanAmerican wrote:

Family Airlines was going to be an airline started by the original Pan Am. FA was supposed to launch in I think 1991 or 1992. After the government did not give them the grant to start flying, the whole program was scrapped. FA has gone through two more attempts to start up, but they have been un-successful. Their website is not that great, but it is the official one at this time. I know the guy that is trying to get FA started up. I hope he does.

are they still trying to start it up?

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

They're still trying to set-up. They don't have all their financial problems in order yet.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...