Experimental in ATC

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I note that the identity of military aircraft (Scottish Aviation Pioneer, Embraer Tucano etc) is given as "Experimental". I would like to replace this with something more appropriate as it seems wrong to identify established aircraft of this kind in this way.

I have looked carefully through the aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg files but the word "Experimental" does not appear anywhere. It could be there is a code which means Experimental but I can't locate it. Does anybody know how this can be dealt with?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Aldeeb wrote:

I note that the identity of military aircraft (Scottish Aviation Pioneer, Embraer Tucano etc) is given as "Experimental". I would like to replace this with something more appropriate as it seems wrong to identify established aircraft of this kind in this way.

I have looked carefully through the aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg files but the word "Experimental" does not appear anywhere. It could be there is a code which means Experimental but I can't locate it. Does anybody know how this can be dealt with?

The sim tags every thing it does not recognize as expermental.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Its in the aircraft config ➡

atc_airline=Britannia
atc_id=90
atc_flight_number=90
atc_heavy=1

There used to be a list of airline call signs,but the link I have is down at the moment
lkw is correct in that fs9 only use's callsigns it knows

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Thanks for the above replies. The first aircraft I checked had the following lines:

atc_airline=Airwave
atc_id=West
atc_flight_number=114

ATC correctly identified it as "Airwave" but the number appeared as "123" which doesn't show in any line!

The second plane I checked out was an RAF Vulcan and in atc_airline it quoted "Royal Air Force with flight number "801". ATC did not include anything about RAF but did have the correct flight number.

Don't quite know what to make of the above.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

embraer is a recognised manufacturer in the sim.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

If you download EditVoicePack it will make the default ATC a lot better and call most aircraft by there atc_airline=.

It can be found here ➡

http://www.editvoicepack.com

Liono.........Speaking for all the expermental aircraft.......... ❗

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Many thanks for the info about this software which I have downloaded to be installed this pm.

It looks very interesting.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...