Autopilot prob

Jsat downloaded an aircraft....................... took off but the autopiliot isnt working, is there something i need to do ?????

Test it if you want its the 3rd 1 down the boeing 767 300

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=thomas+cook+&CatID=fs2004&Sort=Name&ScanMode=0&Page=6

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

What panel are you using??

im using b77 300 pannel. 😀

Please can any1 help me 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

try using another panel or downloading a 767 one off avsim

Yep jst tried that still the same 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There shouldn't be anything wrong with that panel because it's the default one. You say something is wrong with the autopilot...
Exactly what is wrong?

Your Autopilot Switch is on the left on that panel.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Jsat downloaded an aircraft....................... took off but the autopiliot isnt working, is there something i need to do ?????

Test it if you want its the 3rd 1 down the boeing 767 300

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=thomas+cook+&CatID=fs2004&Sort=Name&ScanMode=0&Page=6

I've just tested the autopilot of b767coco.zip - that's the 3rd one down.
There is nothing wrong, it works perfectly. As I said in the above post, the file uses the default panel -- all iFDGs use default sounds and default panels to make the download size smaller.

Are you getting any sounds?

No im not getting any sounds 😀

So shall i jst download another aircraft then? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

might be the best thing to do m8, unless you dare to attempt an entire flight manually 😀

good practice

NO way that will be realy hard to do 😂 😂 😂 Thanks 4 your help anyway 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

No im not getting any sounds 😀

So shall i jst download another aircraft then? 😀

Don't do that!! You have to edit your sound .cfg -- now don't freak out, it's a piece of cake.

That's what your sound. cfg looks like at the moment:

[fltsim]
alias=b777_300\sound

You have to change it to this:

[fltsim]
alias=B737_400\sound

You can do this, it's easy. 😀

Thanks done that 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok, you should have your sound now. Have you got your autopilot figured out? If you don't know what the switches and buttons are for, just hover your mouse pointer over them and wait a second or two.

Inside your B-767-300 IFDG Aircraft folder should have been another .zip file containing 2 effects. Those 2 effects go here:

Flight Simulator 9 / Effects

How's it going?

Tailhook wrote:

Ok, you should have your sound now. Have you got your autopilot figured out? If you don't know what the switches and buttons are for, just hover your mouse pointer over them and wait a second or two.

Inside your B-767-300 IFDG Aircraft folder should have been another .zip file containing 2 effects. Those 2 effects go here:

Flight Simulator 9 / Effects

How's it going?

Yep sounds on now thanks.

I know how and where to work the autopiliot but its not working

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Try and fly your default B-777.

If the Autopilot works, then it will work in your B-767 because it's the exact same panel.

If your Autopilot in the default B-777 doesn't work, then something is wrong - maybe a file got corrupted, it can happen.

But you have to try the B-777 first Idea

jst tried it, doesnt work 😞 Its like every plane i download the autopiliot dont work 😞 Wats going on 😞 😞 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

jst tried it, doesnt work 😞 Its like every plane i download the autopiliot dont work 😞 Wats going on 😞 😞 😞

See if any of these posts help you. Take time.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=how+to+use+autopilot+in+fs9&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=gg&oi=groupst&q=how+to+use+autopilot+in+fs9

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Try and fly your default B-777.

If the Autopilot works, then it will work in your B-767 because it's the exact same panel.

jst tried it, doesnt work Its like every plane i download the autopiliot dont work Wats going on...

Your default B-777 is not a downloaded plane. It is part of FS2004 just like your Cessnas, your B-737, B-747, Learjet and so on.

The autopilots look a little different on different panels. You have to learn how to use the autopilot before it works.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...