Helllpppp !!!!!

I bought fs9 the other day and i have a Virtual Pilot Pro joystick which i use to play.

When in the air, i can bank, roll, climb, fall etc but when i'm on the ground i cant seem to turn or steer left or right, only when i get to about 60mph do i start to turn slightly, on my previous version of fs i could use my joystick to steer and to fly, whats wrong please help

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest

also when i try to add my virtual pilot pro in control panel, game controllers, it says "your gameport or gameport drivers are not properly configured"

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you change OS (operating systems) from the last 2002 sim the this sim 2004.
Many joysticks are haveing problems with XP. Check the website of your stick to see if they have any new driver downloads.
If they don't give us your system specs and the # and full name of the stick and we'll try to help.
Does this happen with all aircraft?

It may just be that it needs more adjustments.

yeah it happens with them all

the last flight sim i played was 98 on windows ME, i never posted my spec cos i never thought it would have any effect with my joystick

My current spec is

2.5 P4
512 ddr ram
GeForce 4 Go - 32 Meg

CH Virtual Pilot Pro Joystick

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

:umm...:You could try unpluging the joystick,reboot your pc then shut down again and reconnect it and reload any drivers for it(good advice from Radar to check if there is a newer driver)

Then fire up fs9 and use the settings menu to recalibrate the joystick

Let us know how you get on

TTT

spuddi Guest

Theres probably nothing wrong with the joystick,

Whats happening is that the rudder is not turning, hence you are only getting direction when the effect from ailerons are being felt (at speed)

Turn auto co-ordination on this will give you rudder when you roll the joystick.

Or if you don't want auto co-0rd on, you could assign the left and right arrows to the rudder (in key assignments) and use these on the ground, or buy some pedals.

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Hehe, ailerons aren't going to turn an aircraft, real or simmed, at any speed. Auto coord is on by default as well, so he must know about that if he changed it in the first place. 😉

The big clue is the "not configured" message. As a couple of others said, un/reinstall the stick, and maybe also check for the latest drivers at M$ & the stick mfg'r site.

I also would check the calibration & assignments of the stick.

spuddi Guest

> ailerons aren't going to turn an aircraft, real or simmed, at any speed

If you fly for real, like me, you would know that the secondary effect of ailerons is yaw. So if bank an aircraft to one side it will start turning without any rudder (granted it slips, but it turns)
I have also noticed that in MSFS if you turn rudder off and apply full left aileron above 60knots it starts to turn. I haven't tried this in real life cos i'm not about to lose my license messing about.

>Auto co-ord is on by default as well, so he must know about that if he changed it in the first place

in his post he doesn't mention Auto co-ord. and my suggestion was just to make sure that it was on.

> The big clue is the "not configured" message.

Sometimes the Joysticks work in the game but be showing errors on PC's the control panel

> As a couple of others said, un/reinstall the stick, and maybe also check for the latest drivers at M$ & the stick mfg'r site. I also would check the calibration & assignments of the stick.

I completely agree this could be the cause of the problem.

I was only trying to suggest other things that it may be, I guess I should have started my original reply with possibly instead of probably, but hey take a pill.[/u]

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...