Who is Captain Dennison?

On the screenshot galleries there is a poster called Captain Dennison.

He seems to show up every now and then and post a negative comment on the vast majority of piccies there.

As someone who takes the time to upload my pics to the gallery, can I ask Captain Dennison to not bother saying anything at all if he can't be nice? I mean "simulation is paused, I'm afraid I cannot rate your picture". Is that really necessary?

Or perhaps he would like to post some pics himself and show how it should be done? 🙄

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

There is a topic about your question. ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/12788/pesky-member/

Although he has done some right comments I agree that if we want to be a good critic he must give the chance to be criticized too... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

"-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-"

enough said.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I've seen many of his comments and have found him to be more than correct with them.
He does post here occasionally and I have felt that he is both knowledgeable and polite, unlike some who like to criticize without reason.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger that Radarman.

It seems that objective criticism is less than welcome amongst the bleeding hearts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

I've seen many of his comments and have found him to be more than correct with them.
He does post here occasionally and I have felt that he is both knowledgeable and polite, unlike some who like to criticize without reason.

Radar

Yes indeed he is polite and gently and his comments ,even i find some of them sarcastic are right,but i believe that he has to make even one post of a screenshot in the gallery for the reason i state above.
Sometimes its very easy to be critics from a safe distance...But what about if you have to get in the battlefield?
Critique if its gently and documented has value...If its only for teasing or for self-assumption is a load of rubbish.Of course i dont put him in the second category but i have some difficulties to put him to first one too...

My opinion of course. 😉

Tailhook wrote:

Roger that Radarman.

It seems that objective criticism is less than welcome amongst the bleeding hearts.

I'm sure you weren't including me in your "bleeding hearts" analogy.

Its interesting to read peoples opinions here though.

I like to read the comments on the screenshots as it can interesting when people think an angle of approach is too steep or some such aviation critique. I find with Capt Dennison though that his comments are normally about someone accidentally having the pause screen message displayed or they can be utterly surreal and random. In those cases it just seems pointless.

In my own case I had left the message visible accidentally on one occasion. I also had remarks asking why the cabin lights were off on a shot depicting a 747 taking off. Many forum members will be aware that cabin lights are always off for take off and landing during the hours of darkness. So in those examples I felt he was trying to be clever and failing somewhat too.

The problem for the good Captain now is that any screenshot he does post will need to be absolute perfection.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm sure you weren't including me in your "bleeding hearts" analogy.

Of course I was my dear friend, long time no see. Still hiding?

How cool is that Wacko

Hiding from?

Friend? er, no.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

On the screenshot galleries there is a poster called Captain Dennison.

He seems to show up every now and then and post a negative comment on the vast majority of piccies there.

As someone who takes the time to upload my pics to the gallery, can I ask Captain Dennison to not bother saying anything at all if he can't be nice? I mean "simulation is paused, I'm afraid I cannot rate your picture". Is that really necessary?

Or perhaps he would like to post some pics himself and show how it should be done? 🙄

While I might not attach any importance to the "simulation paused" in a screenshot, if Captain Dennison finds it important, it's his right. Just as it might be my right not to reply to this post because "piccies" is not a word in any known language.

In comparison to the morons who have nothing better to say than, "crap graphics", I'd say his comment about the simulation paused fairly mild.

I wish you had exercised your right.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I wish you had exercised your right.

I'm sure of it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i've just been looking through the galleries. it seems a bit mean to criticise for no real reason, but the attempted sarcasm on 50% of the pictures (i looked at 20pics, 10 were commented by him ) 😎 would indeed be annoying if it was your pic. i know he did a little bit of ASCII art on one of mine. i wasn;t annoyed, just 'what?'.

oh well.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

I don't quite understand..... I have looked through the shots many times and there are countless individuals who post inappropriate remarks that are not only unhelpful but down right offensive.

Why the question about Cpt. Dennison??

Also, to try and stop the internet idiots why not make is so the only people who can post comments are members?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

kianok wrote:

I don't quite understand..... I have looked through the shots many times and there are countless individuals who post inappropriate remarks that are not only unhelpful but down right offensive.

Why the question about Cpt. Dennison??

Also, to try and stop the internet idiots why not make is so the only people who can post comments are members?

kianok,

The screenshot gallery is now restricted so that members are the only ones allowed to post, so I suppose thats why the issue was raised about Capt Dennison. To me, his remarks aren't unreasonable - yes they are sometimes sarcastic, but whats a bit of sarcasm? Just my opinion 😉

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

My mistake 99jolegg I didn't realise.....

At the same time, looking at some of the remarks i'm also supprised!

It's all too easy to be sarcastic, but if it wasn't for different personalities this forum would be very dull in deed!

If all remarks were "great shot, well done" would anyone bother to read?..... I think not.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

kianok wrote:

It's all too easy to be sarcastic, but if it wasn't for different personalities this forum would be very dull in deed!

If all remarks were "great shot, well done" would anyone bother to read?..... I think not.

👍 My thoughts exactly 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

kianok wrote:

👍 My thoughts exactly 😉

Couldn't agree more. A pity this attitude seems to be frowned upon in other areas of these boards where congratulations, praises and grovelling appear to be the only acceptable way of communicating.

Pro Member Chief Captain

My question is why do people care what someone else has to say about their screen shots?

Is the opinion of others so important? Don't people have enough self-esteem that the comments of the self-appointed critics are unimportant to them?

I rarely bother posting screenshots here any more. The number of pseudo-critics made the admonition about casting pearls before swine, appropriate.

As an aside, to the member who once, in his ignorance, implied I was unaware of that admonition. That's one, I always adhere to.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Many people spend a lot of time and money on FS these days.... a combination which is quite rare.

To shown off your screen shots is part of that "hobby" be call flight simming.

Comments good or bad are welcome... so long as they are relevant AND appropriate, I think most posters would agree.

People care for the same reason that we all post on these forums... it's what we do in our spare time and comments that have no relevance have no place here.

Just my thoughts 😉

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

I see I caught another dead fish in here--old postings---well My shots are afar from perfect---but I just posted an FS9 shot of a repaint I just finished about a month ago and a FSX video I did about a year ago

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...