the 747-800??

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

hey everyone.. i was clicking through Boeing's site when I came across this page announcing another addition to the 747 family!!

here's the link and a computer rendition of what it'd look like 😀 😀 😀

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/747family/747-8_facts.html

could this be Boeing's "answer" to the A380?? it mentions the A380 a lot on that page on that link above 😳

also.. can't wait for that 787! 😀 😀 😀

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

personally I think that airbus sucks!

BOEING rulz!!!

Also nice 747-800 sweet

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Here we go again...

Pro Member First Officer

lol.. i wasn't trying to provoke another "boeing vs. airbus" thread here..

😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're taking it personal again - didn't you see the post between ours?

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

--- Your going off topic, and this is not the forum to do it guys ---

Personally, I find the 748 to be a beautiful aircraft, and I'm waiting eagerly to see the results of the 748 vs. a380 in the skies

Pro Member First Officer

no no i wasnt directing that at you tailhook, lol

and yes crosscheck.. that's what i was trying to avoid by putting

i wasn't trying to provoke another "boeing vs. airbus" thread here..

in there... 😂 😉

i agree with you crosscheck.. there will be some true competition in the skies between the A380 and the 748.

my opinion is that the 748 will make more profit because airlines will feel more comfortable buying an aircraft that has already proven itself in the world of commercial aviation... whereas the A380 is a "whole new frontier"

..those cost efficiency numbers on the 748 fact page look pretty convincing too... 😉

but of course.. as i've always stated, and continue to believe:
i support both boeing and airbus alike.. i don't play favorites

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The 'debate' Boeing vs. Airbus is and has been off topic for years. If it has any place in a flightsim forum, it should be banished to where it belongs: The Off Topic Forum.

If you want to discuss the new 748 in the aircraft forum - fine. If you want to discuss the A-380 in the aircraft forum - fine.

But the endless tug-o-war between Airbus and Boeing borders on the inane and has no place here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

yeh the 800 looks awesome. i read about it a while ago, i think they are using the same wing design and engine technology as the 787 to produce a much more fficient aircraft. i also read it's not doing too well with pre-orders.

Sphagnum1 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

The 'debate' Boeing vs. Airbus is and has been off topic for years. If it has any place in a flightsim forum, it should be banished to where it belongs: The Off Topic Forum.

If you want to discuss the new 748 in the aircraft forum - fine. If you want to discuss the A-380 in the aircraft forum - fine.

But the endless tug-o-war between Airbus and Boeing borders on the inane and has no place here.

Geez, TH, someone just made one joke... are we a little bitter or what?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You haven't got a clue what this is all about, have you?
I've been re-reading the whole thread several times (I very much doubt you have) and I still can't find the joke.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...