777 stalling, air speed failure

mrtazzy Guest

When I am climbing in the 777 using the autopilot something seems to happen around 25,000 to 30,000 the plane slows down to a slall and tries to fly at a 30% pitch. After I level or recover 🙄 from the stall being at 145n and 30% causes the plane then acts normal and I can climb at 1800 fps like nothing. Is this a normal thing or a glich? I know that in real life autopilot is supposed to avoid stalling! My air speed ind cut out 3 times too and I had to save and restart. That is a new problem but the first problem I've seen on other computers. Any thoughts? Help?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It probably isn't the autopilot doing anything wrong. If you are climbing at 25000-30000ft then the climb gradient must be shallower than lower altitude. It sounds as though the AP is trying to maintain the figure you set in the VSI (hence the 30 degree nose up attitude) whilst you are losing speed (you are probably too heavy or climbing at too higher rate). High nose up attitude + decreasing speed = Stall 😉

Try climbing at a slower rate (1000fpm) above FL280 (especially if you are carrying a full load) or try doing a step climb (where you cruise at a lower altitude temporarily to lose fuel (and thus weight) so you can climb higher for better fuel economy 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

The default 777 is jacked-up...it does that...it is wrong...don't fly the default 777.

Notice there is no NW003 in the NoWorries Air Fleet? It's because it stalled 90 miles out of KSFO, and I had to divert to Sacramento...a lot short of my desired location of San Martaaen.

I sold it to China Airlines, and I'm pretty sure they've crashed it by now. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Canyon (NoWorries) on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

Never flown the default 777 - try this one if you want a good model: (its 15mb)

http://www.meljet.com/flightsim/Boeing777V2/Files/MJ732GE.zip

😉

Mrtazzy Guest

I always wondered why I couldn't fly that thing real well, couldn't land it either! but I thought it was supposed to be awkward. Thank's for the plane!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

😉

That's a FS2002 model Jon - you sure it flies allright?

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

NoWorries wrote:

The default 777 is jacked-up...it does that...it is wrong...don't fly the default 777.

Notice there is no NW003 in the NoWorries Air Fleet? It's because it stalled 90 miles out of KSFO, and I had to divert to Sacramento...a lot short of my desired location of San Martaaen.

Don't you mean St. Maarten?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

😉

It should do - I think I have every model of 777 from Meljet except that one.

If it doesn't work, come back and we can find you another one 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

😉

It should do - I think I have every model of 777 from Meljet except that one.

If it doesn't work, come back and we can find you another one 😉

Thanks I know how to look for them. I just haven't been able to find a satisfactory one yet. They were great for FS2002 but I get the feeling the update for fs9 has never been completed.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I was referring to the Guest in that second sentence 😉

I had quite a problem finding a decent 777 - most of them seemed to be of a decent model, but Meljet have great aircraft 👍

bb27 Guest

I fly the default 777 all the time in FS2004 and find it to be a dream to fly. 100 times easier to land than a 737!!! Not sure why people are having problems, I do decrease the rate of climb when I get to about FL260 to allow speed to remain constant.

mrtazzy Guest

That is funny! I can fly the 737 totally drunk and stoned (not saying that is a good idea now) I find it real easy but my 777 just feels heavy and awkward. Anyway I haven't tried the file but I know it looks for the FS 2002 folder which is easy to fix.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

mrtazzy wrote:

That is funny! I can fly the 737 totally drunk and stoned (not saying that is a good idea now) I find it real easy but my 777 just feels heavy and awkward. Anyway I haven't tried the file but I know it looks for the FS 2002 folder which is easy to fix.

Roger that ROFL ROFL ROFL

Anyway, if you find out how to close the open door on the port side of the Meljet 777 and get the wings to stop flapping like a Swan's at take off, I'm willing to give here another try.

Share your discoveries Brother! Geek

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...