Saitek X-52 controller

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well does anyone have this piece of equipment? I don't want to spend the money on the CH products yolk and pedals so I was considering this. Also what is displayed on the LCD screen?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

I used the X-52 before I bought my CH yoke and pedals. The X-52 is the best damn stick period. The LCD screen is basically useless. It just displays your current setup or key functions.

If you cant afford to go CH then the X-52 is the way to go.

Mrtazzy Guest

I've flown many sticks, (many 1/2 dead ones pilled behind desk too Mad ) and I have to say the X52 is amazing!!! The LCD screen tells you the position of the mode switch, time in gw and local, timer, and what profile is loaded into the stick's software. I made my own profile to fly now. Had it for a year and no problems. Worth the money.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well thanks for the fast responses guys. I have the Logitec Attack 3D Pro I think. Its ok though. I do like a twist stick feature if you dont have pedals. Well I do have $130 to spend. Well at least my father does 😂 . I will really have to consider this move. Also would this be good to use if I fly long haul jets like the 744 or MD-11?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jared wrote:

Well thanks for the fast responses guys. I have the Logitec Attack 3D Pro I think. Its ok though. I do like a twist stick feature if you dont have pedals. Well I do have $130 to spend. Well at least my father does 😂 . I will really have to consider this move. Also would this be good to use if I fly long haul jets like the 744 or MD-11?

What's that -- you got the MD-11 already? 😳

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Oh no I haven't. I mean once I do b/c I am going to get her FOR sure. I love their 747 so much but the MD-11 is for me. Im a MD guy. It really sucks to see though that MD is gone for good (McDonnel Douglas).

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I've been keeping an eye out for this baby.

Has it ever crossed your mind that they might be delaying its release until FSX has finally made it onto the shelves?

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Naw I doubt that they would wait for FSX when I doubt that they have a ETA for FSX. I think that PMDG is far along with the airplane. The last update was over a year ago with full panel shots. I cna't imagine what it is like now. Also look for an update on it very soon. Keep on checking that forum.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jared wrote:

Naw I doubt that they would wait for FSX when I doubt that they have a ETA for FSX. I think that PMDG is far along with the airplane. The last update was over a year ago with full panel shots. I cna't imagine what it is like now. Also look for an update on it very soon. Keep on checking that forum.

I keep checking the forum but nothing much ever seems to happen.
I do hope you're right though.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well they, the team, said that shortly after the type course came out that an update would be coming out. Well as we know the first type course came out already,

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

All I can say is this

BUY IT

What more can be said.

Liono....Uses the best god damm stick around

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

Bought it! Love it!!! What you waitng for? Go get one!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...