Saitek...

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Hi, I've been thinking of adding a set of Saitek Pro Throttles to go with the CH combat stick I got for xmas so I can use a stand alone throttle instead of the slider on the stick. In the P-51 for example it would be cool to be able to use the three levers for Throttle,Prop, and Mixture and the switches for gear and flaps. It would make sense to get one of these if they are simple USB and do not require the Saitek yoke as I already have the CH one. It would add some realism to any stick and rudder type and as I tend towards the simpler pre 70's types and not into the complex needs of combat sims I really have no use for the multi functions of the CH Pro Throttles. It seems like a good option. Anyone tired combining Saitek and CH?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer

Got a reply back from Saitek's tech support (which is a vast improvement over CH's who never bother to reply) and I am told their products will integrate smoothly with any other USB based device. This gives me an idea, about replacing the CH Quadrant I managed to dump, with two of the Saitek Pro throttles, that way I can mix and match any configuration single or multi. Hey If I got four of them I could do a B-52 and practice the dreaded seven engined approach.

Pro Member First Officer

After a small hiccup with the CH controllers, It works great. Highly recomended for added realism.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

glad to hear it's working for ya! I once set up a midi mixing board as a controller and got like 32 more axes to play with... 😳

Pro Member First Officer

Wow! You could fly the spruce goose! LOL

Actually it has restored my confidence in stand alone Quadrants. I'm thinking I might add a second Saitek pro throttle for multi variations. I was a tad concerned about the lack of mixture response in the P-51, but in going through the actual P-51 manual, most of that is automatic in the real aircraft, and I'd suspect the Sim was modeled to reflect this.

I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone still alive in here Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Haha, i'm out of town for spring break, so I've only been on flyaway sporadically. My only experience with saitek products is the X-52, which is pretty nice but hasnt aged all that well! All of the analog axes except for the stick and rudder are very noisy, which makes them pretty useless.

Pro Member First Officer

If I had to do it over, I'd go for the full Saitek rig, Yoke, 2 sets of throttles, rudders, and the new swich panel. That would be very cool.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...