Broken!

captain dale Guest

Recentley I have tried to use Flight Sim 2004 and I have only got as far as seeing the splash screen and then its just about to load onto the homepage and then it goes back to the computer desktop?! I have tried to uninstall and then install a couple of times and have cleaned the dik numerous times, but no change. It is extremely annoying because I have spent nearly £500 on addons and joiysticks etc.... Does anyone have any suugestions. If so it would be greatly appreciated.

Jack. 😞

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Could you give us your computer specs?

captain dale Guest

Thanks for replying so quickly.

My computer spec is a 1700 processer with 500 mb RAM but it has worked before apparentley so its not the spec.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Read this topics.You may find something useful. ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/13833/help-game-crashes/

We are here for any further help. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try this fix.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303032/en-us
You have posted this question 3 times today! I deleted 2.
Correction, make that 4 times and I deleted 3!!!!!!!
Hi-jacking a thread can be confusing to all.

Be sure that you have a flight folder in "My Documents" and have the latest Directx (9.0c).

Radar

Captain Dale Guest

Yes I do have Direct X (9.0c) I have just downloaded it. And in my documents thee is a file called flight simulator files. Which holds 2 icons both containing Previous Flight? 😳

Captain Dale Guest

ANYONE?????????????????????????????? 😳

spuddi Guest

what happened between it working and it not working?

did you load some other software?
did you load some aircraft?
did you change any hardware?

do you run XP? if so try doing a restore to a date when you know it worked?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Captain Dale wrote:

...And in my documents thee is a file called flight simulator files. Which holds 2 icons both containing Previous Flight? 😳

The Flight Simulator Files folder found in My Documents can be compared to History in your Browser.

You can ignore it completely - you can even delete it, it won't effect the Sim at all.

If you delete it, it will rebuild itself as soon as you run the Sim the next time.

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

The suggestions about oleacc.dll (linked in the post by greekman) would certainly be worth a try.

Captain Dale Guest

I contacted Microsoft with the problem and they also suggested the oleacc.dll and it now works again fine. Thanks for the help everyone. Your always here to help everone with the game! 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...