The last 717

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The last 717 (AirTran) just rolled off the assembly line in Long Beach, CA this morning.

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I am largely ignorant to the types of flying tubes of death... i mean.. commercial airliners 🙂

what does a 717 look like?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Like a DC-9 with larger engines. Or, a twin engine jet with the engines mounted on the fusilage just forward of the tail.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

And this also marks the end to the MD line of production.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anyone know of a good 717 (payware or freeware)?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Freeware that looks quite detailed

Filename:
panm717.zip

Theres a payware 717 about half the way down this site (by "Perfect Flight"):

Apparently, a company called "Van's" have made a 717 as well

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Thanks for that crash, I was worried after your first response as I had no idea what a DC-9 was either 🙂 But you followed up with an image which satisified my curiosity nicely.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I just found this interesting thread on 717 downloads. It should tell you all you want to know - people suggest some nice freeware 717s.

http://leveldsim.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=7034

NOTE: Somebody suggests in that post, that the payware 717s I mentioned above are not accurate models; just something to bare in mind.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

Thanks for that crash, I was worried after your first response as I had no idea what a DC-9 was either 🙂 But you followed up with an image which satisified my curiosity nicely.

I realized that comparing it to anything wouldn't work.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I work at Lockheed, but I'm still in the Air Force. Everybody says, "Get out of the military, get a job at Lockheed."

This exact thing is why I won't...imagine the number of people who are out of work today!

Pray for them to be able to find jobs in a timely manner.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Anyone know of a good 717 (payware or freeware)?

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9451/717-200/

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks. I vaguely recalled seeing that page some time ago, but couldn't find that link.

Pro Member Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

I work at Lockheed, but I'm still in the Air Force. Everybody says, "Get out of the military, get a job at Lockheed."

This exact thing is why I won't...imagine the number of people who are out of work today!

Pray for them to be able to find jobs in a timely manner.

Many of them will retire, but there are no jobs like those in Long Beach. Even the C-17 production may end in 2008 or earlier.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Pleasure.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...