Did the Earth move for you last night (england)

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

DID YOU KNOW THE U.K HAD A EARTHQUAKE LAST NIGHT AROUND 1:00AM

Last night around 1:00AM GMT i was playing GTA SA Online and suddenly my room was shaking i could see my Lamp & TV moving back & forth and it was pritty scary as i have never been in a earthquake before.

It must of only lasted a couple seconds and so i went to my mum's room to see if she had felt it (She hadn't) while going to her room my legs where shaking from the quake and she thought i was mad so i also went to my dad in his club as asked him he also said he didnt fill it.

If anyone else in the UK Felt it please comment.

EARTHQUAKE WAS MEASURED AT 5.2 ON THE RICHTER SCALE

EARTHQUAKE HIT: near Market Rasen, Lincolnshire but was also felt around London & South england.

FULL STORY: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-shaken-by-significant-earthquake-788045.html

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Wow... when was the last time that happened?

Glad everyone is safe!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

This may sound funny but I did feel/hear something last night about 2300 -2330 GMT. It was very light, I told someone that it was an earthquake, I was sort of joking but I experienced something. It was more of a vibration I heard in the room than a feeling. I find out today that there was one in the UK somewhat close to the time that I experienced it. 😳

Pro Member Captain

belgeode wrote:

Wow... when was the last time that happened?

Glad everyone is safe!

The last biggest was in 1984 with it measuring 5.4 on the Richter but there was another in the 90's not as big and then another on i thik it was 2003 or 2004.

But this lastest earthquake had been the biggest in british Histroy.

Pro Member Trainee
Kristian Bowler (pilotkris) Trainee

I Felt It Full On😛
It Happend While Me and Chris Were PLaying GTA
CHRIS=morris91
KRIS=Killer_Kris

My Light Shook And My Red Boost Fell All Over:p
i have 2 admit i kinda enjoyed the earthquake as i have never been in 1.
Thanks For The Post Chris 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Now, this is something you don't hear every day. I thought that UK isn't prone to eaqrthquakes. Glad evrybody is all right and the damage is minimal. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Didn't feel a thing and I was up at the time feeding the baby

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

When I go to Japan on holiday's. I have an average of experiencing 2 of them. But in the UK. NO. I lived there for 5 years and i haven't had one. hmmm, interesting.

Pro Member Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Now, this is something you don't hear every day. I thought that UK isn't prone to eaqrthquakes. Glad evrybody is all right and the damage is minimal. 😀

Yes well really the U.K has around 200 earthquake's a year BUT mostly to small to fill.

Only 1 person was seriously injured when a chimney fell into his bedroom and fell onto his bed.

Last edited by Chris Morris (morris91) on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

wow what a story to tell your friends that a chimney fell on you while you were sleeping. Thats gotta hurt.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

Well glad you experienced no problems from it. We had one last week on the other side of the state of Utah that did a lot of damage in a town in Nevada. Kinda scary.

Pro Member Captain

Here are some Facts on British Earthquake's.

Earthquake facts

— British earthquakes have killed 11 people since 1580. Six were killed by falling stones, two fell from upper floors, two died of shock and one committed suicide

— The largest earthquake recorded in Britain had a magnitude of 6.1 and struck offshore in the North Sea on June 7, 1931, about 75 miles northeast of Great Yarmouth

— Britain’s largest onshore tremor struck in Lleyn, North Wales, on July 19, 1984, with a magnitude of 5.4. It was felt over an area of about 240,000 sq km

— The last big British earthquake was in 1990, when a 5.1 tremor hit Bishop’s Castle, Shropshire

— The most damaging quake to date was the magnitude 4.6 Colchester earthquake of 1884. It shattered walls and brought down a church spire

— Homes in Folkestone, Kent, were damaged on April 28 this year when a magnitude 4.3 earthquake struck a few miles away in the English Channel. One woman was taken to hospital with a neck injury

— A magnitude 5 earthquake occurs on average every ten years. A magnitude 4 earthquake occurs on average every two to three years

— There are 200 minor tremors in Britain every year, but 90 per cent go undetected by the public

— Faults in the Earth’s crust were not identified as the source of quakes until 1855

— Moonquakes (“earthquakes” on the moon) do occur, but they happen less frequently and have smaller magnitudes than earthquakes on the Earth

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

I have experianced 3 earthquakes in my life 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

There was a tsunami scare last year for the entire East coast of Australia, but nothing happened.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...