When I fly add on planes my game is all laggy

racerzeke Guest

but when i fly the flying lessons it is completely glitch free any explanation?

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
racerzeke Guest

also when i try to add scenery it never works, ugh so frustrated.... i'm new to this stuff too, any tips? andthanks a bunch

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

My crystal ball is being repaired. What addons? What scenery? What are your system specs?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I find it odd that it runs ok durring lessons 😕
CG asks for your system specs,it will help us to help you 😉

As for scenery,are you activating it in fs settings?

frustrated Guest

I do add the scenery through the settings inthe game and nothing happens... Also when I downloaded the thunderbird it said that the plane isnt compatible with the game or whatever but the file was for fs2004 and thats what I got. Also when I download a plane with a custom paint job like the shamu 737 the plane turns grey and then freezes for a few seconds and the paint loads slowly making it hard to fly....

my comp is a hewett packard me

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm getting the feeling you're not installing your add-ons correctly. Which method are you using to install your aircraft?

Out of the add-ons you have mentioned, you haven't given us a single filename or download source which would be of great help to us.

Pro Member Trainee
racerzeke Trainee

I am downloading them from fsdome and simviation.. and i am downloading the file opening it into winrar then extracting the file into another file that i created and finally i drag the plane file into the flight simulator 9 aircraft folder

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

frustrated wrote:

I do add the scenery through the settings inthe game and nothing happens... Also when I downloaded the thunderbird it said that the plane isnt compatible with the game or whatever but the file was for fs2004 and thats what I got. Also when I download a plane with a custom paint job like the shamu 737 the plane turns grey and then freezes for a few seconds and the paint loads slowly making it hard to fly....

my comp is a hewett packard me

System specs include

CPU type and speed.
Amount of RAM
Graphics card and RAM

Telling me what label is on the case, doesn't help much.

Also, what programs are running in the background while FS is running.

The lag in rendering aircraft textures suggests either a lack of RAM or a not so spectacular graphics card.

Specifically what scenery addons are you speaking of?

Pro Member Trainee
racerzeke Trainee

not really positive of the graphics card but i know it isnt good because it is the stock one that came with the computer 247mb ram

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The textures are loading slowly because you don't have even the basic (512mb minimum) amount of ram.

The chances are that the drivers that you are using are old or corrupt and you need to download and install new ones, after you delete the old ones.
To do that you have to find out what video card you have.
Back to the original question that Crash asked, what are your full system specs.

Go to start/run and type in Dxdiag and tell us what it says about the video card and your CPU. You can run some diagnostic tests while you have that open.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
racerzeke Trainee

direct x9.0
intel pentium 4 CPU 2.60 ghz

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

racerzeke wrote:

direct x9.0
intel pentium 4 CPU 2.60 ghz

You have a good CPU, not enough ram (get up to 1 gig) and what is the video card.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Radarman is right,you need more ram.One of the classic signs is the grey aircraft.
As for the GFX,I think we may be looking at onboard GFX

Lets try and find out

Click the Start on the desktop screen,then Control Panel.Now click System
Look for the Hardware tab and click that,and then look for Device Manager
Now look for Display adapters and click the plus sign
It should now tell you what you have

Pro Member Trainee
racerzeke Trainee

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... Onboard GFX Im affraid and not a great deal you can do about it.You can look for the latest drivers,or search some forums and see if anyone can squeeze any more out of it
Google (Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV) and you will get to see some results

Your best option is a dedicated GFX card,but that means you opening up the PC Fear

Pro Member Trainee
racerzeke Trainee

I'm not really worried about opening it, i'm worried about the price of it 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can check your motherboard to see if you have an AGP socket as shown in this link.
It's always darker than the others, usually brown.

http://www.karbosguide.com/hardware/module5b7.htm

You still need more ram (memory).

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
racerzeke Trainee

eh seems too complicated to do all this just for a game, so i cant do anything about the freezing or anything except for just flying the lessons

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you are just a little bit handy (I'm well aware some people aren't) all you have to do is check inside the case and see if you have the AGP socket, then we can find a card to fit your price.
Adding ram is very easy, it just snaps in.

Go to www.pcpitstop.com and run the full FREE diagnostic.
First it'll tell you about the condition that your computer is in and it will tell you exactly what type of ram you have then you can check the price on line for that also.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
racerzeke Trainee

Currently Installed Memory: 2 slots: 256 MB, empty
Maximum Memory Capacity: 1.0 GB

Pro Member Trainee
racerzeke Trainee

but what is more important? video card or ram

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

racerzeke wrote:

but what is more important? video card or ram

Both. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...