Have Yall noticed that the ILS feathers on the GPS display can be "missleading." I have tried lining my plane up with these but when I look at the actual airport I would completely miss if I continued on that course. Is this an FS deal? is there a patch to fix it?
Also, I tried landing at Portland Int. in Oregon. When I was partway down the glide slope part of the runway disappeared. 😳
Is this my graphics or is there a patch for this?
4 Answers
Some of the ILS feathers are misaligned, but they are relatively few and far between. Make sure you have engaged vectors to final rather than VOR/NDB approaches, because they will be misaligned 😉
Yes if you dont have the right numbers you will surely miss the runway.
😎
Sorry vectors... 😕
😎
Could be somebody built a CITY on the exact heading as the runway...check out Honolulu Runway 26L.
http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/pdfs/00754LDAD26L.PDF
Those feathers are only...44 degrees off of the centerline.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain
First Officer