A couple of wacky graphics issues

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Hi, has anyone seen these two probs? I hAVe done a search, (3 sites) but can't seem to find the answer.

1 - The sea looks like badly glued wallpaper:

2 - After a not-so-hard landing, in the b747, I appear to have partially bought the farm, or at least a bit of SYD.

I can still taxi, (slowly, as could be expected with the nose buried in asphalt, and there's no crash - even though I've got the realism set fairly high.

What gives?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If this is something new for you, what are the last 1 or 2 add-on that you have done. Textures, scenery, the new patch etc.
You can also try new video drivers.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Both of the problems you show are due to add ons I 🤔
1st the water texture,it MS's attempt at reflections,and some add ons can't handle them too well(try another)
2nd the nose wheel dropping is one of 2 things,mesh or scenery add on
As for fixing it,see if a patch or update has been released or try Afcad2 and increase the hight of the runway by a 1ft Dont Know if it will work,but worth a try

Pro Member First Officer

There are no add-ons at all, except for 2 aircraft from deltava, and the water looked like that before I installed either one. I haven't used the MS update, either - because I don't want to pull out the damned cd every time I want a quick flight... Evil or Very Mad

Video drivers are the very latest ATI & XP certified ones from MS.

Anyone else?... ❓ ❓ ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

which windows service pack you got? if you have 2, it could be that.

DeltaVA planes won't do it, I've got nearly all of them, they're awesome arent they!

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

I've the water thingy....but just put it down to the graphics card and scenery level sliders being down low.

Pro Member First Officer

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

which windows service pack you got? if you have 2, it could be that.

Hehe, I heard a guy's wife left him, and two goldfish jumped out of their tank once he installed SP2... It's getting a bit of a bad rap! But, seriously - Those pics from memory are before i did the sp2, and I'll be damned if I'm going to reinstall windows to get pretty sea.

You're right, dva planes are tops, the 727 (was it you) suggested is a brilliant piece of work. I'm having some probs with the autopilot holding an altitude (or anything, for that matter) on the Alitalia MD-11, though. Maybe should look over there for an answer...

Pro Member First Officer

sylvan wrote:

I've the water thingy....but just put it down to the graphics card and scenery level sliders being down low.

I usually have 'em maxed, and I have tried everything in between, which doesn't seem to work. I've got a sneaking suspicion, I'm going to have to install the SP1 for fs9 to correct this. Now, where IS that CD ❓ ❓ ❓

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Yes but I haven't got SP2 and get the water problem Umm...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...