IFR Vs VFR

Do you guys prefere flying using VFR or IFR plan?
VFR
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
IFR
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Both
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 25

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Do you prefere to fly by IFR or VFR?

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I voted IFR... 😳

By in Seattle Guest

IFR for Jets & Twin Turbine planes. 😀
VFR for GA aircraft. 😛

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (eagle3) Trainee

I prefer VFR because that way i don't ATC yelling at me to" please expedite your climb to FL450"

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I fly mostly IFR, but I prefer VFR. Why? I don't like doing what I'm told. 😂

It's my plane and I make the decisions.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i find those thingys too complicated so i hand fly my aircraft the whole time 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I fly both 😉

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

i've never fly ifr before, might give it a try

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

ifr is crap because the atc is retarded and vectors you to vors stupidly far away away on a regular basis.

just stay under fl180 and navigate yourself Wink

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

ifr is crap because the atc is retarded and vectors you to vors stupidly far away away on a regular basis.

Oh oh oh! May I? May I please, please, pleeeeeeease?

I will, what the hey!

DUMP stupid default ATC and come fly on VATSIM!

That having been said, I love flying IFR (and voted thus). VFR is fine, don't get me wrong, and challenging enough, but there is nothing like planning your route, your fuel, your alternate, which airways, which navaids, which frequencies and then following that road in the sky, visualising it, feeling it, knowing exactly where you are at all times.

Love the IFR.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

IFR all the way for me....each to their own!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

VFR

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

i just flew IFR for the first time, and it was the smoothest flight i've had for a while, i think i might stick with it

Pro Member Chief Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

Oh oh oh! May I? May I please, please, pleeeeeeease?

I will, what the hey!

DUMP stupid default ATC and come fly on VATSIM!

Yep, then you only have to guess which airports are towered and which are not, or deal with the controller going offline when you are 50 miles out. 😂

One of the reasons I gave up on vatsim was the unpredictability of which airspace was considered controlled and which was not. I also got tired of regional centers arbitrarily deciding which airports they would control in the absence of and active tower.

The default ATC is crummy, but at least it is consistent in most ways.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I usually fly IFR in my heavies but whenever im out and about in ye olde cessna, ill fly VFR 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Mostly VFR.

I enjoy IFR sometimes but its funny only during take off and landing.I getting bored of this predictable correction of route every 4miles of Sleep Besides if for some reason you dont respond it turns to VFR and you cant turn back to IFR... Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Mostly VFR.

I enjoy IFR sometimes but its funny only during take off and landing.I getting bored of this predictable correction of route every 4miles of Sleep Besides if for some reason you dont respond it turns to VFR and you cant turn back to IFR... Evil or Very Mad

I just love getting handed of to a million different controllers for no reason at all. What's the matter, did the guy I had, have to go one a potty break? Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Trainee
mrtazzy Trainee

Both are nice IFR with the heavies and VFR while sight seeing. The only thing is my Connie doesn't climb like ATC would like.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

mrtazzy wrote:

Both are nice IFR with the heavies and VFR while sight seeing. The only thing is my Connie doesn't climb like ATC would like.

Your connie is such a great craft so who cares about FS ATC...Such kind of crafts need special care ❗ ... 😉

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

I am on IFR, almost every time. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...