GoogleEarth mod ;)

Flav_cool Guest

I can't wait until FS2004 scenery will be using quality as good as that from google earth...why are we still looking at blocky textures?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hmmm....I cant say that we still looking at blocky textures...There are a load of great improving tools that turns FS realistic.
I dont know if we ever use Google Earth as Textures or we fly over photorealistic sceneries but what we got till this moment its ok for me... 😉

Greekman72 wrote:

Hmmm....I cant say that we still looking at blocky textures...There are a load of great improving tools that turns FS realistic.
I dont know if we ever use Google Earth as Textures or we fly over photorealistic sceneries but what we got till this moment its ok for me... 😉

Yea I'm going to install the "reality pack" from avsim. What are you using?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Ground Enviroment for earth,Active Sky for the weather and sky,and freeware water textures improvers.

Greekman72 wrote:

Ground Enviroment for earth,Active Sky for the weather and sky,and freeware water textures improvers.

Can you please provide links to Ground environment and active sky?

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yes Yes Yes 👍

Nice! I like how ground environment is for the whole world unlike megascenery which is in patches.

What does active weather offer as improvements over FS's original weather?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

have read over this review at Avsim Active Sky Review

Flav_cool Guest

Liono wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Hmm seems too advanced for me!

Can I use the reality pack with the water replacement? Is anyone else out there using this freeware reality pack?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Flav_cool wrote:

Liono wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Can I use the reality pack with the water replacement? Is anyone else out there using this freeware reality pack?

It's not that advance at all. Save a flight in FS open up Active Sky then click on new route. Choose your flight that you have just saved and click process. Simple.

I'm using the follow and have had no problems at all.

Active Sky 6 (weather)
FS Sky world (Sky)
Ground Envirnoment (Autogen)
fs9wat.zip (Lynn and Bill Lyons/Golden Eagles Squadron)

All running smoothly and NO problems.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

got ground environment yesterday - quick, simple, effective!

Flav_cool Guest

Liono wrote:

Flav_cool wrote:

Liono wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

It's not that advance at all. Save a flight in FS open up Active Sky then click on new route. Choose your flight that you have just saved and click process. Simple.

I'm using the follow and have had no problems at all.

Active Sky 6 (weather)
FS Sky world (Sky)
Ground Envirnoment (Autogen)
fs9wat.zip (Lynn and Bill Lyons/Golden Eagles Squadron)

All running smoothly and NO problems.

That's not what I meant...I just meant I'll probably never even notice the difference from the game's original weather...I'm not that hardcore, I just like things to look pretty otherwise I get bored very easily.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...