Skymaster 337

Pro Member Trainee
Tanart Trainee

I am looking to buy an airplaine hopefully by the end of the year. I have flown the Skymaster once and was very impressed. The can be bought fairly reasonable. I would like to hear opinions from some who have flown them more than I.
Also I have heard some say that, sence the engines are inline, you arnt required to have a multi engine rating to fly them. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks
Soon to be pilot

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I too like the Cessna 337 Skymaster, it's a very distinctive aircraft. You are required to have a multi-engine rating to fly the C-337. If you complete the multi-engine check ride in the C-337, your certificate will have the limitation of "only center line thrust" and you will be limited to aircraft like the C-337. If you complete your check ride in a conventional twin, you can fly conventional or center line thrust multi-engine aircraft. 🙂

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_337_Skymaster

Don Wood Guest

I have not flown the a/c so I can't answer your specific questions. I do suggest that before buying, you join the Cessna Owner's Association (http://www.cessnaowner.org/). They have a great deal of information about piloting techniques, AD's, maintenance issues, crash history, etc regarding all Cessna models.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...