A UK Memphis Belle Fly-in. August 2006. Ex-RAF Bassingbourne

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

An interesting event, must find out if the public are being allowed entry, via land transport. Haven't saved enough for my Cessna yet!

Info not on first page, but there is a link........ Top of right hand column.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Interisting about the squadron!!
Great site 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

The Memphis Belle is the alter ego for the B17 'Sally B' who "played" the Memphis Belle in the film of the same name.

Wonder why they have referred to her as Memphis Belle? Maybe for the publicity (everyone knows what the Memphis Belle is)

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Insight, have you missed the point? "Memphis Belle" was a real wartime plane, and RAF Bassingbourne, is where it was actually based during the war...

Sally B is the last flying plane of the same era and design, in the UK, now based and maintained at Duxford.

Beautiful old Lady, the sound, sight, and smell of Sally B, always makes me feel very emotional. The B-17, and the British Lancaster, are both my favourite heavy warplanes, I've had the good fortune to fly in both, in the past.

Sally B taxying along the perimeter track at Duxford. August 2005.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

i know it was a real aircraft mate 🙂

Didn't realise that is where she was based though so I spose I did miss the point of that.

I was just saying that it would in fact be Sally B doing the fly in and supplying a link to her homepage in case anyone was interested.

I was lucky enough to sit in the pilot's seat of Sally B, not lucky enough to have flown in one though.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...