GPS for 337.

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I have the Cessna 337 Skymaster, but no GPS with it. Is there anyway I can add one to it? P.S. I asked this question in the general section. No one answered.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check through these and see if there is what you need. If not we'll try again.

http://library.avsim.net/index.php?Sort=Downloads&ScanMode=0&CatID=fs2004gau&Go=Change+Category

Radar

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Sorry Leadfoot - but if anyone does know how to add default GPS systems to Aircraft that don't have them, I'd love to know how it's done too !

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Ask Elkin - he's removed them from his A/C so certainly he knows how to add them back 😀

Without having checked - I would presume this is done in the panel.cfg files...?

Compare the panel.cfg files of an AC that does have GPS with one that does not...
Presuming it is Shift+3 to bring up the GPS, you will see something like
[window03=GPS] in the panel.cfg (if the AC does hava gps enabled)

Maybe its just a simple copy/paste from one cfg into another..
and mybe I am completely wrong 😀

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

try this GPS:
in your Panel.cfg file you'll see a section (at top) similar to this:

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=Engine Control
Window02=Overhead Panel
Window03=Overhead

create a new entry with the next sequential number;
Window04=Gps
as long as the number is not greater than 9 it should work fine - or so my tutorial told me
then further down the file, you'll see the window views defined.
below the last definition, leave a blank line and paste this...
see if that works.

[Window04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=437
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
window_size= 0.480, 0.480
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000
gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,435,436

in my theory - this should work 😀
I did add some other sub-panels into a main panel like this, but not specifically a GPS as thats already there in all my A/C

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Wow - that sounds logical ARD, I'll try that on Wednesday (no FS until Wed) and let you know how it went !

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...