FS SHUTDOWN PROBLEM

Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

Hello, everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had this problem, because it is vexing me.

Just recently when I go to call up the kneeboard by pushing the check-mark or hitting F-10, FS will just shut down and disappear. It happens on all aircraft, default and add-on. So, I can not call up my flight plan or anything else on the kneeboard. Click F-10 or click the Check-mark and poof, gone. Ideas anyone ❓ Idea

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's usually one of two things.
Not enough memory because of programs running in the background or your video card drivers either need to be updated or are corrupted.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

Thanks, RadarMan. Memory is fine. Rest of game runs fine, but I did check to make sure. Drivers: downloaded the latest and still a problem. It is puzzling because it is the only problem. Other ideas? I'm stumped 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Why not turn down some of your settings that effect performance.
You could set traffic to zero, no clouds, turn down scenery...you know what I mean. Lets see if that helps, it's harmless and only takes a few minutes but then we can work from there.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

$%^&**(#$#@#$$ Didn't work Evil or Very Mad Where is the kneeboard config file located? Maybe that is corrupted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It has to be in the "hidden folders", I found this if it helps at all.

ยท FS2004 crashes when I display the kneeboard (F10), what is happening?
Another application reported to interfere with FS2004 is "Robo Form" when its "Task Bar Icon" option is enabled. If you are running Robo Form, disable the task bar icon and contact its publisher for an update

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

humm. only have google tool bar. got rid of it. still crashes. Radarman, you are right. Has to be a file somewhere. I just can't find it! Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When you press "enter" and go to "search", there is a drop down arrow that you can check the "search hidden folders" box. If you uninstall everything and then search for "leftovers" you should have a nice clean re-install.
Don't forget that folder in "My Documents", it can cause many problems.
If you need a good, safe registry cleaner get http://www.regvac.com regvac, it's a 30 day trial but if you set it for "Novice" it's very safe to use.

Another idea, you could go back in "System Restore" to a better time but you may lose some recent items, always a chance, it's a "last resort" type utility.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...