fps problems with fs2004

techfun3 Guest

the problem is that i play fs2004 at the best configuration possible and it moves generally at 30fps but it changes and falls to 15fps when im in huge airports or passing trough a city, but the big thing is that in these places when the fps fall i quit the sound and the fps recover and reach again 30fps so i assume its not a graphic problem and a proof of this is, that for example if i am in the antartic quiting the sound or not dosent change a thing and its always at 30 fps., my computer is an athlon 64 3000+,1024mb ram ddr400, ati x1300 pro 256mb,mother:msi rx 480 neo 2,hard disk pata 133 80gb. any help will be good....

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

It's normal for the FPS to drop near a large city. I tried mine in New York. My frame rate is locked at 35 fps. Close to the city it's drops to around 25 fps. Turning off the sound[Q] has no effect. Lowering the sound quality in the settings had no effect. I don't have my options at max. In the complicated areas your system is using everything to give you 30 fps and it goes below a threshold and you get 15 fps. When you stop sound, it has enough resources to restore frame rate. In the Arctic, it gives you the 30 fps but your system is not taxed below the point(threshold) that quiting sound will restore anything. 🙂

techfun3 Guest

and will it help adding 512 mb of extra memory?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Hard to say. There are people here who know much more about this than I. In general, the more RAM the better. I have 1 GB of ram and I may get one more. When I get a new computer(after Vista and FSX is out) it will have 4 GB of RAM. I believe that more RAM will help your frame rates. You may consider turning down your settings just a notch, you probably wouldn't even notice. That will also help your frame rate. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

May help with the frame rate. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...