FS9 FPS problems help appreciated

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

hey guys

Im having a bit of a problem well I think it is a problem I recently purchased a new motherboard , a P4P800 to be exact, so I could get my X850XT 258MB working cerrectly as there had be loads fo problems with it performing before.

Anyway everything seems to be workign fine with all games like Half Life 2, Call of Duty 2 etc etc but yet with FS2004 I get around 5 to 7 FPS when in the PMDG 737NG VC and flying in and out of places like London Luton, Gatwick, Amserdam, Seattle etc etc from what ive heard about this card (X850 XT) which is sopost to be one of the AGP cards out there That cant be right im sopost to be getting around 15-18 at least when flying out of places like that but yet my FPS persists to be horrible .

Help or ideas on the matter would be much appreciated ❗

thanks

ranald

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Those are all graphic intensive areas as is the aircraft, combine the two=low FPS.
Back off on traffic, clouds, autogen and shadows and you should see the FPS increase some.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Yuod ive done that and of course there is an increase in FPS it also turns out that my CPU is running a bit hot so im giong to get some good cooling for it

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

Yuod ive done that and of course there is an increase in FPS it also turns out that my CPU is running a bit hot so im giong to get some good cooling for it

Good idea, the more fans the better.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...