ok, getting annoyed now

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

hi everyone, a couple of questions to ask you.
1. do any of you have a problem when at big airports suck as heathrow of JFK. as mine is really slow, especially when coming into land my screen will freeze when i am above the runway for a good few seconds and i usually muck up my touchdown then.

2. on two occasions when landing at charles de gaulle and o'hare intl i am given a runway to land on by ATC but when i have landed and stop my fsp flight my passengers are annoyed because i landed at the wrong airport when it is clearly the right airport.

3. when i add a 747-400 onto my aircraft collection and i buy it in fsp i start up a fight, for example from heathrow to singapore changi and i put 100% fuel in, and my passengers are all loaded and it says i have exceeded max take off weight and i havent even put any cargo in yet. can anyone help me on sorting this out.

thank you

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Turn you AI traffic down a bit so that the resource hit you suffer near major airports is reduced.

Are you certain you are at the correct airport? Both the ones you mentioned have nearby neighbors.

FSP and the model creator's weight data are not always in agreement. Adjust the model's config or the FSP payload data.

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

my AI traffic is only on 20%

also i follow the gps for landing and i make sure i have tuned in the right frequency.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Do you have an example of the FSP report saying the pax wer unhappy that you landed at the wrong airport? Can you post it here?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Your system specs would help here,so im guessing that you dont have much ram or a lower end gfx card

Tryand turn the sight distance down in the weather section of fs,that way you gfx card is not drawing distant objects and useing less memory

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

rickypig112 wrote:

hi everyone, a couple of questions to ask you.
1. do any of you have a problem when at big airports suck as heathrow of JFK. as mine is really slow, especially when coming into land my screen will freeze when i am above the runway for a good few seconds and i usually muck up my touchdown then.

2. on two occasions when landing at charles de gaulle and o'hare intl i am given a runway to land on by ATC but when i have landed and stop my fsp flight my passengers are annoyed because i landed at the wrong airport when it is clearly the right airport.

3. when i add a 747-400 onto my aircraft collection and i buy it in fsp i start up a fight, for example from heathrow to singapore changi and i put 100% fuel in, and my passengers are all loaded and it says i have exceeded max take off weight and i havent even put any cargo in yet. can anyone help me on sorting this out.

Lower your graphic settings - that might help for the first point. Sometimes I get that problem and sometimes I don't. Reducing sliders tends to help.

Like Crash said, you may have got the wrong airport, or have typed the wrong airport ICAO code into your FsP flight profile at the beginning.

As Crash said - or you can download an accurate 747 payload model from their site

😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...