Center the trims

Pro Member Trainee
boomshiko Trainee

Hi guys,

I've got a question.

Whilst flying an IFR flight I engage AP, to give me some time to prepare my approach. AP trims the plane for level flight. But when I take over the controls from autopilot, how can I center the trims? There no trim wheels on my panels.

Is there a way to center all the trims?

Thanks,

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I've looked but was not able to find a way to center the trims with one keystroke or assignment command. Elevator trim is used often in flight so you should assign two buttons or a HAT switch on your controller to operate elevator trim. I don't recommend it but you can use the number pad keys to adjust trim. (Num Lock off) 1 trims nose up and 7 trims nose down. 🙂

p.s. Check in Virtual Cockpit, you may see the trim wheel.

Last edited by CRJCapt on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
boomshiko Trainee

Thanks for replying,

I don't have a VC. Currently I'm flying the Project Open Sky Boeing 737-700 Transavia with a panel I downloaded from Avsim. It doesn't come with a VC. I also tried to change the 737 in to an aircraft that does show trim wheels, and then change the aircraft back tot the 737 again. But that didn't work. I can see the Elevator trim though.

Pro Member Trainee
boomshiko Trainee

Al right, I solved my problem. 😀

If anyone else ever wonder how to center your trims simply go to 'select aircraft' and choose the same aircraft that you were flying. You'll continue your flight in the same plane with the same configurations but with all the trims centered... weird...

Be well

I think Shift+6 brings up the trim wheel!!

If not that key combination, try any Shift+ any number

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...