No ATC voice

Kenis Guest

I know that it was previously published, but I didn't find what I wanted. What should I do if there is no ATC-pilot conversation? I heard that the codecs might be wrong...

Answers 25 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Not sure what you mean, you may have to go into settings in MSFS and look at sound. Make sure ATC is checked and that the volume is up. If you can't hear your voice, go into Air traffic control and make sure "use pilot voice" is checked. Those are the only ways I could get it to not work.
Good luck 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If what jelami said doesn't do it for you, this is my best guess.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;177252

You can also check your codecs.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

If have RealTek on your computer go to the control panel for RealTek. Make sure that the icon for "voice cancellation" has "sound waves" next to it. If it does not then click on the icon. If "sound waves"appear then you may have solved your problem. That was the way I solved my own "no ATC voice" problem. 😂

wjt Guest

the problem is missing msapd32.acm file in windows\system32 catalog fidt it paste and ATC start talk !! 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
MKoenig Trainee

Thank you all!! Last question:
were can I find this file?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

MKoenig wrote:

Thank you all!! Last question:
were can I find this file?

This is all that I could find for a download , install at your own risk.

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/15/15494.htm

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
MKoenig Trainee

Hey! It really works! You are all great, thank you again!

sexej Guest

I don't know what I need to do ,I copied this drivers of sound to system 32
and still nothing,in the fs everything is optional and enabled so what should I do?????????????? Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

sexej wrote:

I don't know what I need to do ,I copied this drivers of sound to system 32
and still nothing,in the fs everything is optional and enabled so what should I do?????????????? Crying or Very sad

Tell us what your problem is and what your computer specs are.
Just because it fixed his doesn't mean It'll fix yours.

Radar

sexej Guest

hi it's me again ,my problem is that I can hear engines and everything else in the fs2004 but I can't hear any voice of ATC(I can see only message text),but I want to hear it,and I don't know what skould I do .
that people above was talking about some missing files of sound in win/system32and it was true,so I did it and still nothing.
in the options everything is ok(and default) I just re-instaled the game!.
And I ve no idea what can I do any more.
please help.

my system:win xp ,512 ram,2800mhz(procesor), 160 gb,souns 5.1 creative live(something like this) and good titanium graphic card

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check out each step in this link.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;177252

Radar

sxej Guest

stilllllllll doesn't work this atcvoice!!!

sexej Guest

hi ,I've got fs 2004 and this link above is not gonna to change anything.
I downloaded windows media player 10 and new codecks from this same web side and still nothing.
I think about something;because when I was tried to play the sounds from fs9/sound/lessons then it was an error message that There are no codecks.But every sounds beside in this folder are working.So what do you thing????HELP,
And something else ,I mean sounds of the engine ,its very important for me to hear that ,but it's working well only in cesna's aircraft,in others airplanes I can't hear it good.sometimes engine's sound turn off automaticaly sometimes it does work only from outsite viev,but in the options every sound is on full right.-->|
please help me with this sound.thanks in advence

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here are the sound related problem fixes that MS lists. I hope one of them can fix your problem.
Let us know how you do.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;812394

Radar

sexej Guest

hello ,it's me and again there is nothing what could correct problems with atc vice at me everyone of thats links doesn't work,Im sad and I'm thinking is there anything what could me help???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If none of the links that I gave you before worked then the only thing I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall the sim.

If you know and are used to doing a clean install of windows you can do that also.

Radar

sexej Guest

still doesn't work,everyone of links above is wrong

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dont Know Check your speaker connections and then reinstall.

All I can come up with.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Go into options and and then click onto ATC

Bin_ Guest

An audio CODEC may be missing or de-activated.

You need:
IMA ADPCM CODEC, MS ADPCM CODEC and MS PCM Converter

My IMA and ADPCM was somehow missing. I installed it using this procedure. Instead of inserting the XP cd I pointed to c:\i386

------------------------------------------------------------------
Choose Start > Control Panel > Add hardware. Click ‘Next’.

Choose 'Yes, I have already connected the hardware', then click ‘Next’.

Choose 'Add a new hardware device' (at the bottom of the list) and click ‘Next’.

Choose 'Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)', and click ‘Next’.

Select 'Sound, video and game controllers' and click ‘Next’.

Select '(Standard system devices)' and click 'Have Disk'.

Click 'Browse' when you get the 'Install From Disk' dialog box and open the C:WindowsSystem32 folder.

In here you will find the mmdriver.inf file. Select it and click ‘Open’.

Click 'OK' in the 'Install From Disk' dialog box.

If you see a warning about logo compatibility, just click 'Continue Anyway'.

Now you should see a list of audio codec’s. Amongst it you should find Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec and IMA ADPCM Audio Codec (the two that I was missing) and many others. You can install what you require from here.

You need to install them one by one so select each in turn and click ‘Next’. This should re-install the codec (for the IMA ADPCM you will need your Windows XP CD, and for both you will need to restart your computer before the codec works). Repeat the procedure for each codec for which you need support

If you are asked for a .dll file with the IMA codec, use the one in the system32 folder.

Good Luck!!!

Coobs Guest

wjt wrote:

the problem is missing msapd32.acm file in windows\system32 catalog fidt it paste and ATC start talk !! 🙂

😂 You're way too good for this world Wink thnx

tagliajo Guest

Ok. I am having the same problem. The sound works fine for all other Aircraft.

It is like the radio is not turned on.

THis is a pain in the butt.

Everything else work fine

-joe-

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

tagliajo wrote:

Ok. I am having the same problem. The sound works fine for all other Aircraft.

It is like the radio is not turned on.

THis is a pain in the butt.

Everything else work fine

-joe-

If the sound works for all of your aircraft except one (that's the way I read your problem) then maybe the designer never added it to the cfg file.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
pdewey Trainee

Hello I use too have ATC voices. Then I tried too delete a new 737 file in my sound folder. Something that said English in it. Now I have no ATC voices too choose from? Any help with replacing those folders

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It seems you've run into a common issue with the ATC (Air Traffic Control) voice not working in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. While the details can be platform-specific, I'll walk you through some general steps that could also apply to more recent platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12, if relevant.

1. Verify the Sound Settings
First and foremost, ensure your system's sound settings are configured correctly.

• In-game settings: Go to Options > Sound and verify that the voice and ATC volumes are not set to zero.
  • Operating System settings: Check the system's sound settings and make sure that the correct output device is selected.

2. Check Codecs
You mentioned an issue with codecs, which might be the root cause. The term codec (compressor-decompressor) refers to a technology used for compressing and decompressing data. In this context, it helps in handling the audio.

• Reinstall codecs: You might want to reinstall the necessary audio codecs on your system. Tools like the K-Lite Codec Pack have been proven useful in resolving such issues. You can find them on reputable websites like MajorGeeks.
  • Game files integrity: If using a platform like Steam, ensure to verify the integrity of game files.

3. Update Sound Drivers
Outdated or incompatible sound drivers may also lead to this problem. Make sure to download the latest version from your manufacturer's website.

4. Seek Further Assistance
If the above steps do not resolve your issue, please provide more details, such as any specific error messages or unusual behavior. Additional information will help in diagnosing the problem more accurately.

Please note: While the advice given here is generally applicable, some solutions might be specific to the simulator version. Following these steps should put you on the right path to resolving the no ATC-pilot conversation issue.

I hope this helps, and happy flying!

P.S. If the problem is persistent, it might be beneficial to consult the simulator's official support or user manual, available on their website, for more detailed assistance. Always ensure to follow guidelines provided by the manufacturer and trusted sources.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...