Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Should I get the PMDG 737NG?

Hi everyone

I'm 14 and I'm wondering should I buy the PMDG 737NG?

My favourite plane is the 737-800, closely followed by the 737-700, which is good, but I never flew a 737-900 though

What liveries does the 737-800 come with?

This will be my first payware plane and I'm wondering will it be too hard to use? I dont mean to fly, I mean to program the FMC. I have mastered flying the 737-800, posky freeware version, but I have no expiernence at programing an FMC. I tried the one on the ifly 744 but I found that too hard Sad

I would just like to know these things before I spend money on the package, you know?

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I was really going to buy the PMDG Boeing 737-NG but then when I went to the store, which took me two hours to get to, they didn't have it anymore. I think it's really worth it, as it is a very detailed aircraft. Instead, as they didn't have that, I went and bought the PMDG B1900C and B1900D (Beechcraft), which isn't too bad at all.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I would definately recommend the PMDG 737NG Thumbs Up!

Yes the FMC is a bit tricky but with reading the manual and asking questions on these forums you'll have it mastered in a few days Wink

I cant remember what liveries the default package comes with but there are loads and you can download extra ones for the 600/700 here... Arrow

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/downloads/73767.htm

And the 800/900... Arrow

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/downloads/73789.htm

Wink

Pro Member First Officer

What's an FMC? I read it on the "Pilot in Command" Add-on, but didn't get what it was.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Mc_GaNgStA wrote:

What's an FMC? I read it on the "Pilot in Command" Add-on, but didn't get what it was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Management_Computer Wink

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

I would definately recommend it too, I have the PMDG 737 and 747 and when I first got the 737 it was a little hard to get my head round the FMC but now the only problem I have is where do I fly today.

Patrick.

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hey,

I bought the 737 about a week ago and I am loving it to bits. The FMC is brilliant, and the realism is also very good. I also found that the 737-800 textures work on the 737-700 Smile

angelogg Guest

I bought the 737NG package too, but theres something that i really dont like, you cannot use GPS and the aircraft decreases frame rate a lot... Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

Come on the fmc is much better u must gte it u must one of the best
I highly recommend it

Is it possible to get the PMDG 737 800/900 package without first purchasing the 737 600/700 and only use the 800/900?

Pro Member First Officer

I hope PMDG will make a package which includes all their add-ons. Will be expensive but worth it.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible to get the PMDG 737 800/900 package without first purchasing the 737 600/700 and only use the 800/900?

No. You need the 600/700 to run the 800/900.

Ok one final question

I live in the UK

I dont like buying things online so I'm wondering is there any shop I can buy the PMDG NG in, like PC World?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

angelogg wrote:

I bought the 737NG package too, but theres something that i really dont like, you cannot use GPS and the aircraft decreases frame rate a lot... Sad

It doesn't have GPS because they don't have GPS screens. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Ok one final question

I live in the UK

I dont like buying things online so I'm wondering is there any shop I can buy the PMDG NG in, like PC World?

It might be sold somewhere like in PCWorld or Game - if not then I'm sure you can get it on order in one of those places.

Wink

Remember I asked if it was possible to get the 800/900 without getting the 600/700?

It doesn't seem to need the original package, can someone please shed some light on what this is about then?

Thanks