Should I get the PMDG 737NG?

Hi everyone

I'm 14 and I'm wondering should I buy the PMDG 737NG?

My favourite plane is the 737-800, closely followed by the 737-700, which is good, but I never flew a 737-900 though

What liveries does the 737-800 come with?

This will be my first payware plane and I'm wondering will it be too hard to use? I dont mean to fly, I mean to program the FMC. I have mastered flying the 737-800, posky freeware version, but I have no expiernence at programing an FMC. I tried the one on the ifly 744 but I found that too hard 😞

I would just like to know these things before I spend money on the package, you know?

Thanks

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I was really going to buy the PMDG Boeing 737-NG but then when I went to the store, which took me two hours to get to, they didn't have it anymore. I think it's really worth it, as it is a very detailed aircraft. Instead, as they didn't have that, I went and bought the PMDG B1900C and B1900D (Beechcraft), which isn't too bad at all.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I would definately recommend the PMDG 737NG 👍

Yes the FMC is a bit tricky but with reading the manual and asking questions on these forums you'll have it mastered in a few days 😉

I cant remember what liveries the default package comes with but there are loads and you can download extra ones for the 600/700 here... ➡

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/downloads/73767.htm

And the 800/900... ➡

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/downloads/73789.htm

😉

Pro Member First Officer

What's an FMC? I read it on the "Pilot in Command" Add-on, but didn't get what it was.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Mc_GaNgStA wrote:

What's an FMC? I read it on the "Pilot in Command" Add-on, but didn't get what it was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Management_Computer 😉

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

I would definately recommend it too, I have the PMDG 737 and 747 and when I first got the 737 it was a little hard to get my head round the FMC but now the only problem I have is where do I fly today.

Patrick.

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hey,

I bought the 737 about a week ago and I am loving it to bits. The FMC is brilliant, and the realism is also very good. I also found that the 737-800 textures work on the 737-700 🙂

angelogg Guest

I bought the 737NG package too, but theres something that i really dont like, you cannot use GPS and the aircraft decreases frame rate a lot... 😞

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Come on the fmc is much better u must gte it u must one of the best
I highly recommend it

Is it possible to get the PMDG 737 800/900 package without first purchasing the 737 600/700 and only use the 800/900?

Pro Member First Officer

I hope PMDG will make a package which includes all their add-ons. Will be expensive but worth it.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible to get the PMDG 737 800/900 package without first purchasing the 737 600/700 and only use the 800/900?

No. You need the 600/700 to run the 800/900.

Ok one final question

I live in the UK

I dont like buying things online so I'm wondering is there any shop I can buy the PMDG NG in, like PC World?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

angelogg wrote:

I bought the 737NG package too, but theres something that i really dont like, you cannot use GPS and the aircraft decreases frame rate a lot... 😞

It doesn't have GPS because they don't have GPS screens. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Ok one final question

I live in the UK

I dont like buying things online so I'm wondering is there any shop I can buy the PMDG NG in, like PC World?

It might be sold somewhere like in PCWorld or Game - if not then I'm sure you can get it on order in one of those places.

😉

Remember I asked if it was possible to get the 800/900 without getting the 600/700?

It doesn't seem to need the original package, can someone please shed some light on what this is about then?

Thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...