FS2004 Float Plane bases?

Pro Member Trainee
J. Donlon (FloridaFlyer) Trainee

I wonder if anyone has come across Float Plane bases in FS2004? Would be interested in finding a few to polish my skills in following flight rules rather than just landing indiscriminately at any water location.

Thanks, Jay

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
usn8ret Trainee

I've been looking for a way to start a flight already on the water with no success. I intend to keep searching though.

Steve

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

😎 ALoha to you Both, Try avsim(http://www.avsim.com/) 2004 scenery
page one to start, the bases are in Alaska. Ric

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

A new one just came out. It looks good.

http://www.abacuspub.com/default.html

Sea Plane Adventures for FS2004/FS2002 - October 23
Fly off the water and see the world from a different perspective. 5 new aircraft and adventures in Alaska, the Florida Keys and the romantic Greek Isles. Available now.

Pro Member Trainee
Hitch Trainee

In New York, a place with a name having to do with sports...I can't recall at the moment.

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

Seaplane stations are programed into FS 2004-- just like land airports.
They are indicated on sectional charts by an "anchor" symbol. One such seaplane station is on the Chicago sectional, about 10 south of Madison, Wisconsin. The airport identification code is "99C". Type that code number into FS2004 and you will be placed in the water at Quams Marina,
which is 843 feet above sea level. I have seen a "bunch" of anchor symbols on the sectional charts. Pick out some of them and start your seaplane flight from the water.

Glenn 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...