Float Plane Bases??

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

HI, Just wondering if there are any actual bases for the float planes in FSX? I am currently flting into X44 and have flown around Seattle, but when landing on water, there doesn't seem to be a ramp or parking area to fuel, unload your cargo, or passengers? The closest is X44 where I've managed to taxi over to the sail boats and find a spot for the ol goose, but I haven't been able to get it right up against the dock. I'm thinking slow mo???
Anyway love flying to goose and any tips or ideas of making it more real would be appreciated.

Da Captain

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

I found this when I visited www.fsinsider.com

Last edited by n7xlq1 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's a good find n7xlq1, page book marked for future reference. 👍

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

That's a good find n7xlq1, page book marked for future reference. 👍

Gee thanks CRJC. It surprised me too when I found it, I just happen to be on FSinsider when I found it, there's also a earlier article about floats.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

This is my favorite

Pro Member First Officer

Hmm, kinda suprised that there aren't any for Canada where geez...most float plane operations are conducted!! I'm guessing there's no actual place for parking when using the seaplanes in FSX ie: A dock would be very nice!!! Handy for refueling and such. Anyways I guess it would be asking too much to have a nice dock or FBO to load and unoload or to start and finish flights. (Sigh). I'm done. 🙄

Still working on taxiing to the sailboat dock at X44 miami, but the first few flight I taxied all over the darn harbour looking for the ramp where I could finish the flight like a land plane.

Pro Member First Officer

Nice airport, the landing kindas sucks though LOL. I assigned a switch on the CH throttle Quadrant for the floats to lower and retract. Just an idea, might want to keep the gear up on a water landing in future. See ya on the water. Look for me flying from X44 to MYAT on a few daily scheds. I knew where to locate water runways, just odd that there was no ramp or dock.

Pro Member Trainee
lackoftalent Trainee

Check the flight sim forums in the above post, it has all the seaports and many in Canada

Pro Member First Officer

Really?? I checked and didn't find any canadian ones listed at all.
Oh well as long as it water, a Beaver or Goose will land on it...

Luftwayfarer Guest

If you're still interested in X44 Miami Seaplane Base, I just released a freeware scenery for it. Check it out at :

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/2093-x44-miami-seaplane-base-for-fsx/

Here's a pic.

Sweet !!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...