BAC One-Eleven (Fantastic Vintage Jetliner)

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

If you download one freeware jet this week make sure it is this one.

I present to you in all glory, the dmflightsim BAC One-Eleven:

Exterior model:

Virtual Cockpit:

Panel:

More exterior shots:

This package is available as freeware from http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/bac_1-11.htm

It is in three separate parts.

Exterior
There are three different variations: 1-11 -200, -300, -400, -500 and -475. Each one comes in its own zip file, and includes numerous variations. For 10mb you get the exterior model and 12 liveries. There are loads of airlines to choose from.

Interior
The 2D panel, Virtual cockpit & manual are all in a single 14mb zip. The VC and panel are incredibly accurate. The detail is amazing. It includes a multi panel layout (overhead, autopilot, fuel, radios) as well as a complete set of cockpit interior views.

Soundset.
Once you download the Rolls-Royce Spey jet engine sound sound set, flying the one eleven becomes a whole new experience. They make take off, landing and cruising 100% more fun. The 3mb zip comes with a warning saying “THESE AIRCRAFT SOUNDS ARE VERY LOUD! David Maltby accepts no liability for damage to hearing, hi-fi equipment & speakers, property, family & friends, pets, fruit & veg, garden hoses, weapons of mass destruction or anything else either.” 😀

So there you go, take your pick. Download whatever suits you!

Here is the link again for those who wern't listening first time: http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/bac_1-11.htm

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

😳 😳

It looks very good....especially the panel ❗ ❗

D/L now 😉

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

love the sounds of the engines to bad there grounded thou [i think] 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Karlw wrote:

love the sounds of the engines to bad there grounded thou [i think] 😞

The nice part of FS is that nothing is "grounded". It's your world and you make the rules (except fro gravity). 😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

This is a really nice one Cheeky ❗ Downloading now(i dont know if i can fly it though 😂 ...)

Thanks for let us know about it. 👍

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

Wow!!!, noisy S.O.B,remindes me of the time i was a young lad, getting my ear-drums burst at the airport watching these planes take off. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i prefer david maltby's trident, have you tried that?

maltby has great skill 😀

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Great new signitutres Crash and GM!

No Hinch, I have not tried any other of David Maltby's aircraft, but I know he has a whole range of old british aircraft which are freeware. If they are the same quality as this one then they must be good. All I know is that one of his products won "Product of the Centry" from flightsim.com Surprised

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

I would say Dave Maltby's "Classic British Jets" are among the best sim models out there. For something a bit different - try the 'autoland' system on DM's Trident 3 - an excellent tutorial is included in the D/L. I have all the aircraft in the 'Classic' hanger.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I just install it.Great turbo prop sound....LoooooL 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

WOW - Thanks for the heads up CT ❗

That looks like a lovely plane to fly - and that cockpit makes my mouth water Drool

I will do a flight with it tonight and tell you my thoughts.

D/D now BTW... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i'm really surprised this amount of people didn;t know about his site! it's so good!

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Just d/l it and all I can say is.... 😳

Everything is great!!....except the autopilot 😕 😂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I knew you would all like it 😂

You can add autopilot to any a/c. Just add these lines into the aircraft.cfg:

[autopilot]
autopilot_available=1
flight_director_available=1
default_vertical_speed=1800
autothrottle_available=1
autothrottle_arming_required=1

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

pilotwannabe wrote:

Just d/l it and all I can say is.... 😳

Everything is great!!....except the autopilot 😕 😂

Yup, i agree,it's fantastic,but the autopilot is a bugger! 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...