Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FS2K4 problem with scenery

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Ok-a while ago FS2k4 took a dump--I deleted it all-EVERYTHING-even in regisries.
i am going for a clean reload-I loaded the sim-I loaded the FSUpdate, I have FSUIPC (paid version) I started loading add on cenery.
I had added CLE05 (Cleveland) and O4OHV1, O4OHV1A, 04ohv1ai & 3w9ohio. All of these I used to have installed, and all was fine. I went to check the scenry out, and got Platau's for all airports and rivers.
Here are some shots to show the problem. I deleted ALL of the added scenries-and it is still showing up the same--so is this a problem with the FSUpdate or what?

Help

Capt. Dennison

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm guessing that the scenery had a self installer.
When you deleted it you used the uninstaller, they aren't always efficient, they can leave most if not all behind.
I always go to /start/search/ and feed in all the words that I can connect with a particular item and more often than not find a folder with contents, never empty.

I hope you only load one piece of scenery at a time, more than that and you'll never find an error.

Uninstalling the sim never gets it all, you have to search again.
I found that only a clean install of Windows can rid a system of a large program.

Radar