A321 help please!!!!!

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

okay heres my situation. i fly the route i want. i use the auto pilot. on final i turn off the auto pilot to fly the final. at about 1000ft the autothrottle turns on by its self and the plane starts to gain speed from 145knots to about 350knots and i cant land i end up over shooting the runway and i cant turn of the autothrottle. any thoughts on why it would do this?is it some kind of backup system?please help thanks

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Jammer Trainee

Hello, I'm new to flight sims and highly addicted. I have the same problem so I pause the game, set the auto throttle to zero and turn it off then resume my landing and it hasn't gotten in the way when I do this. It may just be my inexperience and not setting something correctly but thats my way of getting around it. Hope it helps and if someone knows a better way I hope they post.

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

honuala wrote:

okay heres my situation. i fly the route i want. i use the auto pilot. on final i turn off the auto pilot to fly the final. at about 1000ft the autothrottle turns on by its self and the plane starts to gain speed from 145knots to about 350knots and i cant land i end up over shooting the runway and i cant turn of the autothrottle. any thoughts on why it would do this?is it some kind of backup system?please help thanks

Hi: I'm just guessing but it sounds like you might have hit the little button at the top of your throttle quadrant called TO/GA which means Take Off / Go Around and overrides your settings and powers back up for aborting the landing.

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Hello Honuala, have you been on holiday haven't heard from you for a while, good to see you back again. 😛 my only thought being about ths question is if you hit 'z' to turn off autopilot or used the dashboad, hiting the 'z' key should eliminate all problems, if it don't....I'm lost 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

warlord40 wrote:

Hello Honuala, have you been on holiday haven't heard from you for a while, good to see you back again. 😛 my only thought being about ths question is if you hit 'z' to turn off autopilot or used the dashboad, hiting the 'z' key should eliminate all problems, if it don't....I'm lost 😀

Z does not turn autothrottle off

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What are you flying?

Does it only happen with that particular a/c?

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

Do this simple key on the upper panel: FLT CTRL
and turn off SEC1 on the left side and SEC2 on the right side you can fly
with trim, rudder, and elevator (all controls) 😉 🍻

Pro Member Trainee
Kc (puppy-paw) Trainee

i have found that my attopilot keeps playing up and cuts off help?

Pro Member Trainee
ehuang6 Trainee

Great website for all fsx needs www.msfsx.webs.com/

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

ehuang6 wrote:

Great website for all fsx needs www.msfsx.webs.com/

Stop recruiting, its not cool. Buy a real domain next time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey ehuang6 I can't see anything on that site that pertains to honuala's query.
Wassup?

Pro Member Trainee
Kais767 Trainee

Well, for me, my throttle suddenly revs up and when i touch down, i stay at 150 kts and boom!!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...