Do you need disks 2 and 3

canadarox Guest

do you need disk 2 and three if so for wut?

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The sim comes on 4 disks, in order to load the sim you need all 4. The crack is only a substitution for the #4 cd after it's loaded it's contents during the install.
Without loading all 4 you won't be able to run the sim.

Radar

canadarox Guest

what do you mean load, i have all the disks saved on my comp. right now, becuz i need to let my friend intall it, how do you run and install with those files? without the disks but with all the files

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Load=Install.

When you put in disk #1 eventually it asks for disk #2 and then #3 and #4. There are files on every disk, why give you 4 when you buy the Sim if you don't need them.
After they ALL are loaded then you need #4 or the no-cd-crack.

Radar

canadarox Guest

say if my friend downloads the game and gets the no cd crack he does have to download disk 4? or it it safer to download disk 4 as well?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Install all 4 disks then put in the crack then you don't need the CD's any longer unless you want to reinstall the sim.
All 4 are needed for a full install the first time.

Radar

canadarox Guest

ok thanks radar man ill ask you if need help with something else thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 See ya, any time you want!

Radar

oh yeah to install you click on setup and on the pic it says fs9 right?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Once you start the install just follow the (wizard) directions that they give you, Usually after loading 1 disk it asks for the other by number, "put in disk #2".
Installation is very easy, it does it you just follow along.

Radar

canadarox Guest

wut happens if ur not using disks becuz my friend has my disks so i uploaded everything onto my computer? would i just click on disk 2 then setup on that one?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know what you mean.
You have to have 4 disks to completely load the sim.
Put in disk #1, when it's finished loading it'll ask for disk # 2, when it's finished loading it'll ask for disk # 3, when it's finished loading it'll ask for disk # 4, when it's finished loading you can start the sim.
If you want you can then put in the no-cd-crack and not have to use the #4 cd to launch the sim
After it's been completely loaded with 4 disks then you don't need them any more unless you want to reinstall the sim another time.
I don't know what you have or what your friend has but that's the way to load the sim completely.
That's a "full" installation.

Radar

canadarox Guest

k i gave my friend the disks but before that i copied all the disks onto my computer. Now it is on my drive. so now if i try to install it i click onto startup on disk one. When that is finished installing do i then clikc on the startup in the disk 2 folder and so on.?? ❓ 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have no idea, you should have installed it before giving it to him. I've never looked at the disks contents so at a guess I would say that in folder #1 there is a small icon that looks like a computer that has the words "setup" under it. Click that and it should start the process.
I really doubt that it will install that way but you are stuck with it so go for it.

Radar

canadarox Guest

k thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...