longest delay?

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

just wondering, what was your longest delay at an airport?
mine was 9 hours when i was going to Cyprus. Seeing as i live on top of the airport i went home and to pizza hut, lol
and yours?

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

1/2 hour. I lead a charmed life. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

An hour. We sat on the aircraft for an extra hour at the gate at Sharm-El-Sheikh, Egypt. ATC lost the flight plan so we couldn't leave. 🙄

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

one day but I was a kid and my mom told me that we had to sleep at the airport

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

4 hours in Brazil due to problems with the aircraft or aircraft arriving late.

Once in Brazil we waited too long that we had to stay in a hotel. The airline payed it 😛

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

45mins on a flight from Dublin - Reus (Barcelona)

The plane was late coming from Reus so by the time it got in it was past our planned departure time

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

1 full night 3 hours of moring the next day..... due to aircraft problems and not all of the crew was accounted for.... and when we finally got on board we had to wait another hour for weather and when we got in the air we had landing gear problems....the nose gear wouldn`t fold up someone didnt pull the parking pin out of it..... so we had to circle the airport for 45 mins dumping fuel and it took 3 more hours to get another flight.......so unlike crash i do not lead a charmed life....

CRASH:
not every leads a life as you do....

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

about 14 hours after our plane coming from manchester had to turn back after a fault with the engine.

Pro Member Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

1 full night 3 hours of moring the next day..... due to aircraft problems and not all of the crew was accounted for.... and when we finally got on board we had to wait another hour for weather and when we got in the air we had landing gear problems....the nose gear wouldn`t fold up someone didnt pull the parking pin out of it..... so we had to circle the airport for 45 mins dumping fuel and it took 3 more hours to get another flight.......so unlike crash i do not lead a charmed life....

CRASH:

Are you bragging about it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

52 hours at Incheon. No regrets - everything on the house: Meals, booze, exquisite service presented with smiles that could last a lifetime, free tours and being pampered by goddesses that suicide bombers can only dream of.

PS: Let's keep this under wraps Devil

Oh, the accommodation ➡ http://english.hyattregencyincheon.com/accom/regency.asp

Last edited by Tailhook on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total
liam speelin sorry Guest

wellllll we arived at manchester at 3 o clock for a 5 oclock flight and it was delaiged 4 hours so we sat in the airport for about 8 hours and coming home we lift forr the airport at 9 00clock for a 1 0 clock flight but it was delaiged 6 hours so we sat intt he airport for about 9 hours

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

not really a delay, but once when i was in edinburgh in the hilton hotel at the airport, there was a power-cut while i was in the pool. Went on for sooooooooooooo long that the emergency generator packed up and so we had to be evacuated for insurance reasons. They took us to Edinburgh INTL Airport. we stayed there for a few hours and while we were there Hilton Hotel payed for whatever we wanted. Free drinks all around! In the end they stopped it becasue people were getting bottles of wine for free and keeping them. Good old human nature eh 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Eight hours in Manilla waiting for a typhoon to clear Hong Kong - and it had n't completely cleared when we went in to the old airport - scary!
A day in Bahrain waiting on a replacement aircraft - at least I think it was a day - I do n't remember too much after the 'free' hospitality - but I do remember a rear section off the replacement 747's flaps detaching itself on the descent into Frankfurt.

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Apparently 15 hours in Israel becuase there was a hurricane. One I can remember was 4 hours, the plane took off late form UK and they landed at a different airport for some reason and so that made it a 4 hour delay and then another hour delay at the other airport. Worst flight aswell!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

JarJarBinks wrote:

CRASH:

no why?..... he asked a question I answered.....Im known to answer questions very detailedly.........

Pro Member Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

CRASH:

no why?..... he asked a question I answered.....Im known to answer questions very detailedly.........

Uhh, that was an attempt at humor. I guess it didn't work. 😞

I was once questioned by security for over an hour at Sheremetyevo Airport (UUEE) in Moscow, but since I arrived at the airport early, I really wasn't delayed.

By the way, the carmed life applies only to flight delays. I should be that lucky with other things.

7dream8liner7 Guest

My longest delay was about 4-4 1/2 hours, about 8 hours at the airport in total. First, my family arrived at the airport early, because we hadn't flown in a long time, and wanted to leave plenty of time for security. After waiting for about 20 minutes to check our bags, we headed over to the security line. it took probably 30 minutes to go through that whole schpeil. We left security and went to our assigned gate, to wait for the plane. The gate was changed pretty early, which was not a problem, we just moved over to the new gate. There was already a plane there that was mostly boarded. Pretty soon it pushed back and turned so it could taxi to the runway, but it just was sitting there on the tarmac, before turning back to the gate because it had an engine problem. We had to wait for about 20 minutes for a new gate assignment. It was now the schedualed time for our flight. after walking to the gate, we had to wait for about another 1 hour to begin boarding, with even more time to completely board.

After pushback, we taxied and got on line, 27th in line. All planes then had to stop taking off and landing because Vice-president Dick Cheyne's plane needed 30 minutes of open airspace to take off.

Our plane finally took off around 10PM, on a 5:45 schedualed flight. I expect delays, but that just seemed like too much, especially because the gates were all at opposite ends of the terminal.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...