Private Pilot Checkride

InTrouble Guest

I used the search option and didn't come up with anything, so I made a new thread, this is probably the only time I will post and I just need a little bit of help.

This is FS2004 By the Way
On the private pilot checkride, I take off, climb to 2000 feet, level off, after 3-7 seconds It either tells me that

A) My bank was too steep
B) My bank was too shallow
C) My rollout was too soon
D) My rollout was too late

or a combination of 2, 3 or all of them (It confuses me when it says that I did both A and B, or C and D at the same time)

The problem is is that I don't turn or bank, and it doesn't tell me to turn or bank in any direction. So please, can one of you help me? Any tips are appreciated

P.S. There's also something wrong with my joystick or the game, it seems that when I put it in full throttle (even in all Easy Settings with no tourqe and gyro) it yaws to the right, and also when in the air (and sometimes when taxiing) its hard to turn to the right. I checked in the virtual cockpit view and when I try to turn right, the handles in the game only turn about 30-40 degrees right, when I try to turn left it goes all 90 degrees to the left (maybe something is wrong in my settings)

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

InTrouble wrote:

I used the search option and didn't come up with anything, so I made a new thread, this is probably the only time I will post and I just need a little bit of help.

P.S. There's also something wrong with my joystick or the game, it seems that when I put it in full throttle (even in all Easy Settings with no tourqe and gyro) it yaws to the right, and also when in the air (and sometimes when taxiing) its hard to turn to the right.

I think most people find the PP check ride pretty easy with a little practice. I suspect your check ride problem and joystick problem are related. Has the joystick been calibrated in Windows? In FS2004? Does the joystick work okay in other games? Can you substitute another joystick temporiarily? I would like to be more help but don't really know what could be causing this. If you're sure the joystick is good I might consider reinstalling the sim.

Thanks for the help, but I doubt its the joystick conflicting with the PP Checkride, I'm curious, do you go into a turn right after you level off from the takeoff? I've been trying to find out so that I can do it without it telling me to.

And I did try to re-calibrate it, and it worked fine with "F-22 LightningII" but I'm not too computer savvy. If the joystick and PPC problems keep going on I will probably just reinstall the game

aerodawn Guest

have u turned on the autorudder? caus i think i know whats going on why you turn.. the propellor of your aircraft turns counter-clockwise. this creates a small movement to the left when taking off. i had the same problem but i adjusted the tolerance in the code file of the checkride caus its way to hard.. i have done that test over 10 times and still at the end of it i still got those annoying bugs.. i know i can fly well, so i think i earned that cert. the only problem i really have i stabilizing a plane without autopilot.. but i CAN do it if i really concentrate.

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

It heartens me to think that one day I will join the majority of you who find the checkride easy! So far I have not got beyond the steep turn. I am either too low, too high, too slow or too fast. Furthermore the joystick stops responding to my efforts. It is calibrated properly and there are no conflicting assignments. I only have trouble in the exercise. When I try steep turns by myself the joystick is OK. I guess I just need to practice a lot to comply with the tight perameters set by the Lessons program

Simmy

wscott52 wrote:

InTrouble wrote:

P.S. There's also something wrong with my joystick or the game, it seems that when I put it in full throttle (even in all Easy Settings with no tourqe and gyro) it yaws to the right, and also when in the air (and sometimes when taxiing) its hard to turn to the right.

I think most people find the PP check ride pretty easy with a little practice. I suspect your check ride problem and joystick problem are related. Has the joystick been calibrated in Windows? In FS2004? Does the joystick work okay in other games? Can you substitute another joystick temporiarily? I would like to be more help but don't really know what could be causing this. If you're sure the joystick is good I might consider reinstalling the sim.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

try the flight1 172 test - that is harsh!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...